+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of name

chuchu

Mar 23, 2007
Change of name should be immediately notified to CIC?

Because CIC says that you only need to update your contact details until CIC contacts you to start the application?

should i immediately send them a letter or wait for CIC to get back to me?
Which do you think is preferable?

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
chuchu said:
Change of name should be immediately notified to CIC?

Because CIC says that you only need to update your contact details until CIC contacts you to start the application?

should i immediately send them a letter or wait for CIC to get back to me?
Which do you think is preferable?
You must notify CIC as soon as possible about it.

chuchu

Mar 23, 2007
whats the best way to notify CIC about change of name?

1. Courier
2. website
3. mail
4. post

or if you know of something better please let me know

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Use postage. Must be recorded, signed for. or courier. I mean the moslt secure way for the letter to reach them. You might need to send supporting documents to support your change of name and reasons to why you are doing so. Online not very sure? To be on safe side just post it to them and have copies for yourself.

JaneFrancis

Nov 25, 2016
I need an advise...

When I landed in Canada, I was using my maiden name on my PR and Philippine Passport. But it is noted in my PR application that I am already married and they flagged my Spouse's name on the file.
Right now, my SIN, Ontario Health Card and Driver's License are all on my married name except for Passport and PR Card. I requested a change of name when I renewed my PR Card but they still sent the new one with my maiden name on it.

Now, I submitted our citizenship application and requested for name change. I submitted our Marriage Certificate from Philippines, all Canadian IDs with my married name on it. But still, they sent me a letter asking for a "document issued by a Province of Territory of Canada indicating a Legal Change of Name".

Where can I have this processed? Service Ontario? or do I need the services of a Lawyer to do this?