+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Name in Indian Passport. Can I re-enter Canada on my existing PR card which has my non-updated name from my previous passport?

hp2018

Sep 6, 2018
Hello,

My passport was on the verge of expiring and my existing expiring passport did not have a last name. Only Given Name section had my complete name on it i.e. First, middle and last name. As I was renewing, I updated it with having my Surname and Middle name appropriately mentioned. I also have my old passport (void) which matches the name on my PR card. I am planning on updating my PR card, however, I'm traveling out of the country for my wedding. Can I re-enter Canada with my existing PR Card, where my name matches with the void passport and not the new passport?

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

nacsaodan

Aug 9, 2021
No, you need to have fresh data from your new documents. Otherwise, you will have problems at the border. Believe me; you should not take such a risk. Yes, it will take time to make new documents, but you will be sure that everything will go smoothly. I have a similar situation right now, but I don't have time to update my old passport. I'm looking at fake id websites, but is it still necessary to take such a risk? But I do want to go to my girlfriend in America, especially since I have now been given a vacation at work. I hope that my opinion was helpful to you, friend:) The main thing is to solve this issue with documents quickly because it always drags on for a long time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's crucial to ensure that your travel documents match, especially when leaving and re-entering a country.
In your case, if your PR card matches the name on your void passport, it's a good idea to carry both your existing PR card and the void passport when you travel for your wedding. This way, you have documentation that aligns with your PR card's information.
Also, I've heard about using a fake ID to re-enter the country and to avoid any extra paperwork. But for this, I suggest you explore fake ID reviews. This source might be helpful: https://fakeyourdrank.com/best-fake-id-reviews.
Go away, spammer