12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi,
Can anyone advise me...My brother in UAe applied under the MpnP..he received his visa with expiry date of january 2015...however, he decided to get married prior going to canada, last month...he has informed the visa office in UAE...but has not receive a reply yet...will he have to apply again.?does anyone know her situations like this....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He should request that they add his wife to his application. He should send her application forms and fees and then wait.

Technically, his PR visa is now invalid because he has had changes in his family composition and he should clear with the visa office that they re-issue his visa at the same time they issue a visa for his wife.

If an applicant gets married during his application process at any time before landing as a PR and does NOT inform the visa office about the marriage and lands on the visa he was issued, he would have committed misrepresentation and could lose his PR as well as he would be barred from sponsoring his spouse in the future, even if he should keep his PR. However, in his case, he did inform them. I have seen a similar case where a person had contacted the visa office to inform them about such a thing but they did not respond. He went ahead and landed before the expiry of his visa and immigration ruled that he did not commit misrepresentation because he did contact the visa office before he landed.

However, your brother should not try to land at this point. He should continue trying to contact the visa office to try to add his spouse.