+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Marital Status after passport stamping

Amby_87

Feb 22, 2018
Nope.
My friend had the same situation.
Hi,
I have received my passport after the stamping, but have not yet made my landing in Canada for the PR. However I am getting married soon. What do I do? Do i inform CIC after i am married or before?
Also where do I mail them at? Any link?

Will my score get recalculated?

Please advise since you said your friend faced a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have received my passport after the stamping, but have not yet made my landing in Canada for the PR. However I am getting married soon. What do I do? Do i inform CIC after i am married or before?
Also where do I mail them at? Any link?

Will my score get recalculated?

Please advise since you said your friend faced a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.
Raise a CSE once you get married.

Your score won't get recalculated.

Jun 26, 2019
What is the process of notifying CIC about status change after getting passport stamp. Do i need to mail my visa office in Delhi or do i need to raise it through this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I suppose it is by raising a CSE - though I do not have specific experience doing it, just going by the replies I've seen on this site. Judging by the age of your original comment, its probably all sorted now. How did you go? What did you do?

Arty

Aug 23, 2019
Hey guys

I have got this email from Vienna office after notifying them about marriage two weeks ago. I already have visa stamped in my PP:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Please return the passport and the COPR to our office. The following documents are required for your spouse:

· Payment of the processing fee for your spouse

· Completion of the IMM008, Schedule A and Additional Family Information by your spouse: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prov-apply-application.asp

· Updated Additional Family Information sheet and the IMM008 by yourself

· Police clearance certificate(s) for your spouse

· Marriage certificate

· Spouse’s passport copy

· 2 photos according to the instructions

This is the only reply I got, and I raised CSE and send emails also. There isn't any specific instructions on how to send the docs or any deadlines about return of PP or sending the docs. MyCIC account didn't got any update for additional docs.
Very confused on how to move further..

Any advice would be of great help.
Cheers

Arty

Aug 23, 2019
Hi
I am married already before we apply for my PR
the problem is I received my PPR today but I didn't change my marital status to married from single?
Do I have a problem about? All the photos and marriage certificates is we already submitted I got my medical done also
This is the PPR requested only I am waiting for.
Is that ok to use or submit my passport in still my surname when I am single.