Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
Hi All,

I want to quit my Job in August, but I havent yet received my PPR (though I hope to have it soon). If I dont have PPR when I quit my job, how will this affect my application?

Thanks

Ed

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shirebikes said:
Hi All,

I want to quit my Job in August, but I havent yet received my PPR (though I hope to have it soon). If I dont have PPR when I quit my job, how will this affect my application?

Thanks

Ed
CIC doesn't care about your employment status after granting you an ITA even if your CRS score was initially contingent on getting some points for work experience of 3+ years (or 6+ years in the case of FSWP calculations) because all of that is in the past now.

That is, unless your ITA depends on having this job (which will be the case if you got those additional 600 points for having an LMIA approved job), not having that job anymore won't make any difference to your application.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
Asivad Anac said:
CIC doesn't care about your employment status after granting you an ITA even if your CRS score was initially contingent on getting some points for work experience of 3+ years (or 6+ years in the case of FSWP calculations) because all of that is in the past now.

That is, unless your ITA depends on having this job (which will be the case if you got those additional 600 points for having an LMIA approved job), not having that job anymore won't make any difference to your application.
Worst advice ever If you have a LMIA job, and claimed the 600 points you on a closed permit. once you change conditions you can not claim 600 points any longer hence the ITA will be deemed invalid at the time. Only time a job do not matter is if you pure FSW with no points on a job and even then you need to be careful as your POF is based on T4 NOA on the current job. Your condition change when you change a job and hence you need to inform CIC that may have a diverse affect on your application

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bud_weiser said:
Worst advice ever If you have a LMIA job, and claimed the 600 points you on a closed permit. once you change conditions you can not claim 600 points any longer hence the ITA will be deemed invalid at the time. Only time a job do not matter is if you pure FSW with no points on a job and even then you need to be careful as your POF is based on T4 NOA on the current job. Your condition change when you change a job and hence you need to inform CIC that may have a diverse affect on your application
Do read that statement in it's entirety before passing judgment.

What that statement means is that if you have an ITA based on your LMIA approved job and you lose it, you are in trouble. If not, then it is not a problem.

As far as POF is concerned, it is certainly not contingent on having a job. It is about having money in the bank as a static amount which is equal to or more than what is required in your particular case - CIC doesn't care if it is being replenished by a salary every month or not. They might care about the source of such funds but that is again a matter of the past and certainly not the present status of employment.

Hope that clarifies.

Reactions: kivcool

sehmendoza

Oct 13, 2016
Re: DEPENDANT STUDENT GETTING A JOB WHILE WAITING FOR PPR

Cic recieved our medical results on april and we are still waiting for the ppr. I already graduate last May and planning to get a job while waiting for the ppr. Does it affects our papers?