+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of job (CSQ received, WP extended, PR application sent)

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I'm starting thinking about different scenarios regarding my job and family situation.
Let me bring you more details first.

I'm here together with my family (wife and 2 daughters) from Nov 2014. At the end of December 2016 the whole family received CSQs. On the 5th of January 2017 we extended our work permits.
My new work permit is valid until January 4th 2019 and the same for my wife. My WP is closed so I'm only allowed to work only for the employer who brought me here to Canada. My wife received OWP (Montreal area only).

On January 6th we submitted our PR application and now we are waiting for the AOR.

I'm starting thinking about different options regarding my job. I'm working as a VP Business Development (NOC 0015). I'm at the same place from November 2014.
The problem is that my options to be promoted, earn more or grow are very limited. Almost every week I'm receiving more responsibilities and duties. There is also other limitation but I can't mention about this here.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply for an OWP when I'm on closed WP?
2. Is there any option to apply for Bridge OWP when we will receive AOR?
3. Are there any facilities for holders of CSQ and AOR?
4. If I will leave / I will be fired do I have to go thru the same procedure (find an employer with LMIA)? Or because I already have CSQ I'm LMIA exempt and I just need to apply for new closed WP with a new employer?

If you have any other useful information or suggestions please let me know.

Thank you,
T

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
tombo83 said:
Did you try to post the above under the inland applicants thread?

Droidrulz

Nov 24, 2016
Hello,

Im in the same situation and i would like to know if you finally changed job.

I would appreciate your answer
thank you

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
tombo83 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm starting thinking about different scenarios regarding my job and family situation.

I'm here together with my family (wife and 2 daughters) from Nov 2014. At the end of December 2016 the whole family received CSQs. On the 5th of January 2017 we extended our work permits.
My new work permit is valid until January 4th 2019 and the same for my wife. My WP is closed so I'm only allowed to work only for the employer who brought me here to Canada. My wife received OWP (Montreal area only).

On January 6th we submitted our PR application and now we are waiting for the AOR.

I'm starting thinking about different options regarding my job. I'm working as a VP Business Development (NOC 0015). I'm at the same place from November 2014.
The problem is that my options to be promoted, earn more or grow are very limited. Almost every week I'm receiving more responsibilities and duties. There is also other limitation but I can't mention about this here.

My questions are:
4. If I will leave / I will be fired do I have to go thru the same procedure (find an employer with LMIA)? Or because I already have CSQ I'm LMIA exempt and I just need to apply for new closed WP with a new employer?

Thank you,
T
To best of my Knowledge ...
You need to have underlying Close WP to get OWP . Since you are primary closed WP owner you cannot have OWP . If your spouse get Job and change her OWP to close then you can move to OWP based on her WP.
Bridge WP is available only for Federal PR programs (FSWP,CEC etc) ,that too when your existing WP is is expiring in next 4 months and valid until you get decision on your PR.
You can change job within Quebec ,provide new employer is ready to transfer your WP .
You have CSQ so you are LIMA exempt ..

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
tombo83 said:
Hi Everyone,

My questions are:

Thank you,
T
Yes every problem has a solution and yours too.

Start applying for jobs and get selected for another in other company and tell that company to get a closed work permit for you, you previous work permit with ur old employer gets discontinued. If you want to know more you can reach me on sunil.always.says@gmail.com or 5144024846