+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of institution after getting a study permit

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for 3 institutions at a time and then go with the one who gives me the LOA first. I just wonder if I use that LOA to apply for a study permit, and if my study permit is approved, later, is it possible for me to withdraw from that school (without attending) and change to another school? Any threats if I'm doing this?

Thanks.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for 3 institutions at a time and then go with the one who gives me the LOA first. I just wonder if I use that LOA to apply for a study permit, and if my study permit is approved, later, is it possible for me to withdraw from that school (without attending) and change to another school? Any threats if I'm doing this?

Thanks.
Nope once you land in Canada you will have to mention this to the immigration officer there and they will update your records

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Good day everyone
I applied to Carleton University for fall 2019 for an undergraduate degreebut was denied visa so I decided to apply to University of Manitoba for fall 2020 have been accepted
1.do I state to visa officer that have been once denied in my sop
2.is it compulsory to pay fees for first year before applying as my sister applied in 2017 for a bachelor degree in law with 7million and was given without paying any first year fees
3.my tuition fees and cost of living totals 28,200cad and I have 33,000cad in my dad account with lands and 2 companies is this enough to get a visa
Please I need replies asap thanks

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Good day everyone
I applied to Carleton University for fall 2019 for an undergraduate degreebut was denied visa so I decided to apply to University of Manitoba for fall 2020 have been accepted
1.do I state to visa officer that have been once denied in my sop
2.is it compulsory to pay fees for first year before applying as my sister applied in 2017 for a bachelor degree in law with 7million and was given without paying any first year fees
3.my tuition fees and cost of living totals 28,200cad and I have 33,000cad in my dad account with lands and 2 companies is this enough to get a visa
Please I need replies asap thanks
1) if you are talking about being denied visa once before you dont have to mention that in the SOP you will have to address the refusals reasons anyway and the main application form you fill that has a field that asks if you have been rejected entry to canada before so make sure you fill that
if you are just talking about Carlton university rejecting your application and you have not applied for visa before you dont need to mention that anywhere.
2) if you are applying through SDS you have to pay the 1st year fees if not then you can apply normally paying tuition fees is not necessary
3)yes it should although just showing the money wont be enough do make sure you show the source of income as well
best of luck

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
1) if you are talking about being denied visa once before you dont have to mention that in the SOP you will have to address the refusals reasons anyway and the main application form you fill that has a field that asks if you have been rejected entry to canada before so make sure you fill that
if you are just talking about Carlton university rejecting your application and you have not applied for visa before you dont need to mention that anywhere.
2) if you are applying through SDS you have to pay the 1st year fees if not then you can apply normally paying tuition fees is not necessary
3)yes it should although just showing the money wont be enough do make sure you show the source of income as well
best of luck
Thanks bro your reply is well appreciated

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
best of luck
Okay am applying this month and I have a 2yr gap because I was processing higher studies in Canada how do I state to the visa officer

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Okay am applying this month and I have a 2yr gap because I was processing higher studies in Canada how do I state to the visa officer
what do you mean processing higher studies in canada ??

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
what do you mean processing higher studies in canada ??
Sorry for the confusion like I completed high school in 2017 so I have been processing university studies in Canada since 2018 because of the processing of documents and all,and the first rejection I have a study gap of 2yrs above till now because am prolly gonna apply this month so how do I state to a visa officer in my loe for the gap

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Will they give me a new study permit or something? Thanks for your help.
They might don't know about that but you will have to mention it

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Sorry for the confusion like I completed high school in 2017 so I have been processing university studies in Canada since 2018 because of the processing of documents and all,and the first rejection I have a study gap of 2yrs above till now because am prolly gonna apply this month so how do I state to a visa officer in my loe for the gap
Thats hard to explain 2 years just for searching about units is way too much time you have to show that you did something some kind of a job in those 2 years and you dont even have a previous rejection that can explain the gap

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Thats hard to explain 2 years just for searching about units is way too much time you have to show that you did something some kind of a job in those 2 years and you dont even have a previous rejection that can explain the gap
I do I was rejected a study visa

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I do I was rejected a study visa
oh then well no issue you dont have to explain too much just add something like since the last 2 years i have applied once already but my application was rejected which forced me to gather more docs that i can show to improve my chances for visa this is no issue really just say anything like that

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
oh then well no issue you dont have to explain too much just add something like since the last 2 years i have applied once already but my application was rejected which forced me to gather more docs that i can show to improve my chances for visa this is no issue really just say anything like that
Okay thanks alot