+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of employment status after ITA

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
Hey,

I am in the express entry pool with 474 points. I am waiting for the draw on Wednesday. I have a few questions about the change in employment after I receive my ITA. Let me explain my background a little bit first.

I have been working as a fast-food shift supervisor for 2+ years now in Canada. I got my IELTS score which is L-8, R-8, W-7.5, S-7.5. I have a 2 year business diploma from a canadian institue. I am on an PGWP (post-graduate open work permit).

Now my questions are:

After I get the Invitation to apply and I upload all my documents including the letter of employment which says that I have been currently employed there for 2 years and working 40-42 hours each week, would it be a problem if I quit that job (NOC 6311) after the AoR has been received?

Also, I am planning on accepting a job offer which is probably 0601 after a month of receiving my ITA, how would I notify CIC about the change?

My work permit expires in August 2020, I would not be able to gain 1-year experience at the new job, would a job offer letter be sufficient proof for CIC that I am employed with a new company as a full time-permanent employee?

would there still be verification at the restaurant where I am currently employed after I provide the govt with the proof of changes in employment status?

Are there any specific documents that need to be submitted when changes in employment status occur or should I just write a letter to inform them and upload on my current profile? if so, how and where do I upload such a document?

I am very confused about accepting this new opportunity. I want some expert advice on the same.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance..

Chipo21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
26-08-2018
Hey,

I am in the express entry pool with 474 points. I am waiting for the draw on Wednesday. I have a few questions about the change in employment after I receive my ITA. Let me explain my background a little bit first.

I have been working as a fast-food shift supervisor for 2+ years now in Canada. I got my IELTS score which is L-8, R-8, W-7.5, S-7.5. I have a 2 year business diploma from a canadian institue. I am on an PGWP (post-graduate open work permit).

Now my questions are:

After I get the Invitation to apply and I upload all my documents including the letter of employment which says that I have been currently employed there for 2 years and working 40-42 hours each week, would it be a problem if I quit that job (NOC 6311) after the AoR has been received?

Also, I am planning on accepting a job offer which is probably 0601 after a month of receiving my ITA, how would I notify CIC about the change?

My work permit expires in August 2020, I would not be able to gain 1-year experience at the new job, would a job offer letter be sufficient proof for CIC that I am employed with a new company as a full time-permanent employee?

would there still be verification at the restaurant where I am currently employed after I provide the govt with the proof of changes in employment status?

Are there any specific documents that need to be submitted when changes in employment status occur or should I just write a letter to inform them and upload on my current profile? if so, how and where do I upload such a document?

I am very confused about accepting this new opportunity. I want some expert advice on the same.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance..
I am not sure how it would work so soon after receiving the ITA and likely before you file your application and receive an AOR. I changed jobs a year after my AOR but before PPR and merely raised a webform with my new contract. The website just says within 3 years before you apply http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=664&top=29 not sure if it has to be when you apply. more knowledgeable people may assist.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You are free to quit or change job, assuming you don't have LMIA and not claiming points for a valid job offer

The easiest way to do it is to submit your application first. If you quit or change job after AOR, no need to inform IRCC

If you quit/change job before you submit your application, you need to put an end date to your current job in work history, and add your new job to personal history. No need to provide document for your new job

Last edited:

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
You are free to quit or change job, assuming you don't have LMIA and not claiming points for a valid job offer

The easiest way to do it is to submit your application first. If you quit or change job after AOR, no need to inform IRCC

If you quit/change job before you submit your application, you need to put an end date to your current job in work history, and add your new job to personal history. No need to provide document for your new job

But after my application has been submitted and IRCC wants to verify my information about the work experience and my employer says that I don’t work there anymore. I’m just concerned as my employment reference letter states that I am currently employed with them, and I do not want to misrepresent my case!
I would like to update IRCC about my new job. Can I provide them some kind of documentation like a valid job offer from nee employer?

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
If IRCC contacts would they ask if I am still employed with them during verification call?

Wouldn’t it be better to update my new employment information on my profile even though it wouldn’t affect any score?

Apr 7, 2020
Hello Friends,
Thank you for all your support and guidance, By God's grace I received an ITA yesterday. My employement profiles was showing that my current job was active from April 22nd, 2019 until today. I lost my job on July 15th, 2020 due to covid which I did not update on Express entry profile since I had chances of getting hired again by the same company. But it did not work out. My crs was 478 in April when I completed 3 years of work. This changes after July wont affect my CRS score.
Do you think I should decline the ITA, because it can appear that I was falsifying work experience dates.
Please suggest!!

Thanks in advance.

Aug 27, 2019
Hello Friends,
Thank you for all your support and guidance, By God's grace I received an ITA yesterday. My employement profiles was showing that my current job was active from April 22nd, 2019 until today. I lost my job on July 15th, 2020 due to covid which I did not update on Express entry profile since I had chances of getting hired again by the same company. But it did not work out. My crs was 478 in April when I completed 3 years of work. This changes after July wont affect my CRS score.
Do you think I should decline the ITA, because it can appear that I was falsifying work experience dates.
Please suggest!!

Thanks in advance.
Can you please share what did you do eventually? I'm on the same boat

Sjain24

Dec 31, 2020
My friend received an Invitation to apply through express entry. Her position was NOC A and now she has left the job. She got a new job but her NOC is now C . Changing noc to C after invitaiton would effect the application?

Aug 20, 2021
My friend received an Invitation to apply through express entry. Her position was NOC A and now she has left the job. She got a new job but her NOC is now C . Changing noc to C after invitaiton would effect the application?
I have the same situation pretty tender about it