+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of employment after PNP

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi,

I applied for BCPNP and my file started processing May 1st 2019.
They asked for my medical couple months ago and now on the status, it says ‘Medical results have been recieved’. I am wondering if it is ok to change my job now.
Let me know please.

Thank you.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hi,

I applied for BCPNP and my file started processing May 1st 2019.
They asked for my medical couple months ago and now on the status, it says ‘Medical results have been recieved’. I am wondering if it is ok to change my job now.
Let me know please.

Thank you.
What is your Noc code and when did you applied bc pnp ?

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
What is your Noc code and when did you applied bc pnp ?
its semi- skilled as a food server.
i was picked for applying in december 2018, I got approved in February.. I sent my paper submission in march and on the online status checker, it said that it started processing my application in 1st May. After that i got medical request in August.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
its semi- skilled as a food server.
i was picked for applying in december 2018, I got approved in February.. I sent my paper submission in march and on the online status checker, it said that it started processing my application in 1st May. After that i got medical request in August.
You can’t change the job because of semi skilled category. It’s better to stick with old job for few months more

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Cic can ask anything when they do background check. Also you have to tell pnp about new job and they have to assess your nomination

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
You can change your job, bujt you have to inform the province that nominated you and they will issue you a new nomination with your new NOC. Most applicants decide to change jobs after they land because your application gets delayed by a few weeks or more than a month when you change jobs.

You have to be issued a new nomination certificate by your province and have to then send it to Nova Scotia.

Last edited: