+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Employer, While H1B SRS PNP is in Process!!

A

Albertagoverner

Forum Members:

I think there is a big confusion regarding the term "same employer". There is no such thing that under H1B SRS AINP program you must be working for same employer with whom you were working, while you applied for Nomination. I will clear the this Myth:

Myth: You must be working for same employer with whom you were while you applied for PNP and must remain untill get Nomination.

Reality: Since H1B Program consists of the portability of employer and one can chage the employer therefore even you applied for PNP in Dec 2008 with employer "A" and after getting file Number you changed your company and transfered H1B to company "B" in March 2009 whether for lay off or you got better opportunity, You can provide Notice of Action I 797 Approval with New Employer and Paystubs and you are still GOOD for nomination. There was a stupid confusion that changing employer will affect application. This confusion happend because some Non-technical staff of AINP spoke the same thing to people on Hot-line.These people didn't have that idea that H1B holder is allowed to change as many as employer provided to a New petition should be filed everytime. Therefore even you changed employer while PNP application is in process and you have paystubs and I797 with new employer, The candidate is GOOD for Nomination. Therefore it is to conclude that one CAN change the employer regardless of its affect on Alberta PNP process.[/
i]

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Change of Employer, While PNP is in Process!!

Albertagoverner said:
Forum Members:

I think there is a big confusion regarding the term "same employer". There is no such thing that under AINP program you must be working for same employer with whom you were working, while you applied for Nomination. I will clear the this Myth:

Myth: You must be working for same employer with whom you were while yo applied for PNP and must remain untill get Nomination.

Reality: Since H1B Program consists of the portability of employer and one can chage the employer therefore even you applied for PNP in Dec 2008 with employer "A" and after getting file Number you changed your company and transfered H1B to company "B" in March 2009 whether for lay off or you got better opportunity, You can provide Notice of Action I 797 Approval with New Employer and Paystubs and you are still GOOD for nomination. There was a stupid confusion that changing employer will affect application. This confusion happend because some Non-technical staff of AINP spoke the same thing to people on Hot-line.These people didn't have that idea that H1B holder is allowed to change as many as employer provided to a New petition should be filed everytime. Therefore even you changed employer while PNP application is in process and you have paystubs and I797 with new employer, The candidate is GOOD for Nomination. Therefore it is to conclude that one CAN change the employer regardless of its affect on Alberta PNP process.[/
i]

The H1B program is only one of the programs that the AINP offers. If you go to the AINP website at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html you will see that they have many other programs.

Those who are going through the employer driver stream of AINP, sponsored by an employer they are working for in AB, need to stay with that employer until they have their PR or AINP can and will cancel their nomination. I know some people who are going through this process right now and that is what they have been told as well as one of them actually had his file put on hold because AINP heard he was laid off temporarily. Again, the employer driven stream of AINP has absolutely nothing to do with the H1B program. They are two completely different programs.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011

Leon is right, the SRS-H1B is different than the Employer Driven PNP.

A

Albertagoverner

Ell.Bee said:
Leon is right, the SRS-H1B is different than the Employer Driven PNP.
Leon and others,

There is no issue about Employer driven stream. This issue is exclusively about US SRS H1B stream. The issue is:
Question: Whether one can change employer while PNP is in process?
Answer: Yes he can because H1B allows beneficiary to change employer as long as he/she provides I 797 Approval with current paystubs.
Unfortunately the clear explanation of this situation is not available at AINP FAQ

peacefulfire

May 1, 2009
One question: Let's say a person is working with Employer "A" and applies for AINP and process is going on, while the H1B transfer is going on to Employer "B" (Still working with Employer A only to join employer B when approval comes thru)

What will happen to AINP process? What information is required to be provided to AINP?

Regards,
Peacefulfire

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
peacefulfire said:
One question: Let's say a person is working with Employer "A" and applies for AINP and process is going on, while the H1B transfer is going on to Employer "B" (Still working with Employer A only to join employer B when approval comes thru)

What will happen to AINP process? What information is required to be provided to AINP?

Regards,
Peacefulfire
You need to inform AINP about following:
Change of employer.
Change in duties and responsibilities.
Change of your work and residence location.

These has to be informed only if you start working with New employer

If you get laid off or quit your job, that needs to be informed too.
Please keep in mind: Old or New process, you have to inform AINP of any vital change.