+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of employer - TFW URGENT

srdjanpetrovic84

Feb 19, 2011
Hi guys. you help me so many times and i address you once again for help. My worst fears have come true. I am TFW as a long haul truck driver in Alberta. Everithing was looking good but now i must change my job and to find a job where i can be home every day because of personal reasons. I have job offer and LMO from Saskatcevans employer who hawe preapproved LMO in a trade that is on the designated trades list witch will allow me to get provincial nomination and later hope PR for me and my familly. Here are my questions:

1. Will my curent employer be notifyed of my application for change of employer during proces, or i can inform them whan i get my approval.
2. What happen if i got rejected? Am i loosing my curent Work permit or no?
3. What is procesing times for that application?
4. I know that my wife is eligible to get open work permit as a spouse of a long haul truck driver (but only for Alberta because i live in alberta), and to make thigs worse she is coming to canada in 15 days. What will happen with her work permit in that case? Would it be canceld out or no?

I know it is realy legal puzzle but can you please help me i am runing out of time. SO HELP ME URGENT PLEASE

Thank you in advance

srdjanpetrovic84

Feb 19, 2011
Leon, job seeker, pmm and rest of you guys. Please hel me with this. i am realy running out of time. if you need claryfication please ask me.
thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
srdjanpetrovic84 said:
Hi guys. you help me so many times and i address you once again for help. My worst fears have come true. I am TFW as a long haul truck driver in Alberta. Everithing was looking good but now i must change my job and to find a job where i can be home every day because of personal reasons. I have job offer and LMO from Saskatcevans employer who hawe preapproved LMO in a trade that is on the designated trades list witch will allow me to get provincial nomination and later hope PR for me and my familly. Here are my questions:

1. Will my curent employer be notifyed of my application for change of employer during proces, or i can inform them whan i get my approval. No, Vegreville will not notify your current employer; you can give notice when you receive the new WP as per the stipulation of your contract, usually two weeks.
2. What happen if i got rejected? Am i loosing my curent Work permit or no? No.
3. What is procesing times for that application? 16 days as per CIC website
4. I know that my wife is eligible to get open work permit as a spouse of a long haul truck driver (but only for Alberta because i live in alberta), and to make thigs worse she is coming to canada in 15 days. What will happen with her work permit in that case? Would it be canceld out or no? I am not very familiar with the OWP condition in Alberta, but if long haul truck driver is skilled then she gets OWP at the POE co terminus with your current WP

I know it is realy legal puzzle but can you please help me i am runing out of time. SO HELP ME URGENT PLEASE

Thank you in advance