+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of employer on Closed work permit

MeHappy

Jul 11, 2018
I have had a LMIA based closed work permit for 2 years. I have worked around 8 months with the employer.

Now I have been offered a new job by another employers, who also have given me an offer letter.

Can I apply to change my conditions of closed work permit, what are the chances that I will get it?
If they denied my IMM5710 application, then will it end my previous status as well, and can be asked to leave the country?

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have had a LMIA based closed work permit for 2 years. I have worked around 8 months with the employer.

Now I have been offered a new job by another employers, who also have given me an offer letter.

Can I apply to change my conditions of closed work permit, what are the chances that I will get it?
If they denied my IMM5710 application, then will it end my previous status as well, and can be asked to leave the country?

Thanks!
You will need to apply for a brand new work permit based on the new employer's LMIA etc.

priya1214

Dec 3, 2018
Hi,
Did you got the process for the Employer change. Can you share details to me too.
In my case i'd to change from ICT to a LMIA WP to a different employer.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks!
The new employer has to apply for an LMIA for you and if it is approved you'll have to apply or a new work permit. The process will likely take 4-6 months.

priya1214

Dec 3, 2018
And can this new WP be applied from within the country and obtained. Or do we need to go out of country and apply for the same and obtain at the immigration ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And can this new WP be applied from within the country and obtained. Or do we need to go out of country and apply for the same and obtain at the immigration ?
Yes you can apply within the country. The employer applies for LMIA. If that is approved you need to apply for a closed work permit. A positive LMIA doesn't mean you are guaranteed an approved work permit.

MSAB

Mar 6, 2019
Hello,
Posting for the first time.....Need suggestions

I'm on closed work permit (Calgary Alberta) and my closed work permit will get expired in October 2019.
The issue is my current organization is took over by someone, now the company name and all the legal registrations have been changed.
Although all the staff members are same and nature of work is also same.
Within couple of weeks the new employer will officially take over the organization

Now what will be the situation for my work permit?
What should i do now?

Thanks in advance...

cherryblossomlover

Jun 16, 2014
Hello,
Posting for the first time.....Need suggestions

I'm on closed work permit (Calgary Alberta) and my closed work permit will get expired in October 2019.
The issue is my current organization is took over by someone, now the company name and all the legal registrations have been changed.
Although all the staff members are same and nature of work is also same.
Within couple of weeks the new employer will officially take over the organization

Now what will be the situation for my work permit?
What should i do now?

Thanks in advance...
Im on a same boat