+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of date post ITA

Sep 2, 2019
Hi

I made filled up an application for express entry canada and in which i mentioned by graduation start date as Jun-2010.

I have got the ITA now but the actual date of the beginning of my graduation is Jan-2011 and the same is mentioned in my transcripts.

How to handle such thing? Will an LOE work or i will have to get new ITA.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
If you havent actually submitted your application you could always change what you have submitted before the ITA.
Alot of people mess up their information before the ITA and they do change it post ITA
Check your profile and update it accordingly

Reactions: Maninder_gill3
Sep 2, 2019
If you havent actually submitted your application you could always change what you have submitted before the ITA.
Alot of people mess up their information before the ITA and they do change it post ITA
Hi,
Actually i have received the ITA.
So shall i decline and get a new one or an explanation letter will suffice?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi,
Actually i have received the ITA.
So shall i decline and get a new one or an explanation letter will suffice?
No, neither you should only change the information in the profile after accepting the ITA you will get a chance to change the details in the profile without the need to decline it or anything. If the mistake will not result in any points change (like your case) then no need to worry and accept the ITA. If you are still worried and you have high enough CRS points decline it and then resubmit a new profile but I am telling you, you can always update profile details (that wont affect your score) post ITA but before actual submission

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
As long as the change in information does not make you ineligible for your program (FSW/CEC etc.) and make you drop below CRS cutoff for your round of invitations, it is fine to make changes between profile and application.

Sep 2, 2019
No, neither you should only change the information in the profile after accepting the ITA you will get a chance to change the details in the profile without the need to decline it or anything. If the mistake will not result in any points change (like your case) then no need to worry and accept the ITA. If you are still worried and you have high enough CRS points decline it and then resubmit a new profile but I am telling you, you can always update profile details (that wont affect your score) post ITA but before actual submission
Thanku for the information!

Do i need to submit a letter of explanation.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Thanku for the information!

Do i need to submit a letter of explanation.
No the change is reflected right away in your profile and the old information will be replaced
My profile had my work experience as "from Nov 2016 to present" but when i got ITA and before submitting my application I left my job so in turn I changed the dates on my profile to "from Nov 2016 to Feb 2019" and also I got an updated reference letter that reflects the same. So as long as you havent submitted your application, any change in status that doesnt affect your CRS score could be easily done without worrying.
P.S in my case it didnt affect my score because I was already claiming points for 2 yrs work experience and I had 2 yrs and 4 months.

Sep 2, 2019
A
No the change is reflected right away in your profile and the old information will be replaced
My profile had my work experience as "from Nov 2016 to present" but when i got ITA and before submitting my application I left my job so in turn I changed the dates on my profile to "from Nov 2016 to Feb 2019" and also I got an updated reference letter that reflects the same. So as long as you havent submitted your application, any change in status that doesnt affect your CRS score could be easily done without worrying.
P.S in my case it didnt affect my score because I was already claiming points for 2 yrs work experience and I had 2 yrs and 4 months.
Actually the date of start of education has been mistakenly written as Jun-2010 whereas the actual start date is Jan-2011.

If i change it now, the immigration officer might say that it is misrepresentation.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
A

Actually the date of start of education has been mistakenly written as Jun-2010 whereas the actual start date is Jan-2011.

If i change it now, the immigration officer might say that it is misrepresentation.
No, not at all, the June 2010 information will be deleted and changed to Jan 2011. The Jun 2010 record will no longer exist.
For your peace of mind mention that in the LOE, but I am very confident that it is not needed at all.

VjolaBushaj

Feb 3, 2019
No, not at all, the June 2010 information will be deleted and changed to Jan 2011. The Jun 2010 record will no longer exist.
For your peace of mind mention that in the LOE, but I am very confident that it is not needed at all.
When you say the Jun 2010 record will no longer exist, what do you mean?
Im asking because i have a similar case, updated a date from Feb 2017 to October 2017 in post ITA phase, but when i go to “View profile” section that is already trasmitted and cannot be changed, the date has not been updated or changed, its still Feb 2017

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Hi.. I’m in same situation i write the wrong date on reference letter. 1june 2019 but the actual date is july 10 2019.

with the wrong date experience is 1year 2months

with correct date its 1 year 1 month.

and i claimed only one year now I’m on post ITA stage. What should I do

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Im asking because i have a similar case, updated a date from Feb 2017 to October 2017 in post ITA phase, but when i go to “View profile” section that is already trasmitted and cannot be changed, the date has not been updated or changed, its still Feb 2017
Hi any update ?

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Hi any update ?
hi
I’m in same situation i write the wrong date on reference letter. 1june 2019 but the actual date is july 10 2019.

MysteryLog

Jan 19, 2023
hi
I’m in same situation i write the wrong date on reference letter. 1june 2019 but the actual date is july 10 2019.

What did you eventually do?

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi. I have also the same problem. I made some mistake in my education details and now I received ITA through PNP-CEC. If I correct it, it doesn't my CRS. Can I proceed with the changes and not decline the ITA? Do I need LOE for this?