+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of CRS by 2 points

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
I got ITA with 443 points when the cutoff was 442. I started filling out the post-ITA forms and today I completed them. After completion, there was an option to "preview my score" and my score has increased from 443 to 445.

I checked and it seems that I was earlier getting 8 points for my wife's education and now I am getting 10 points. Her IQAS ECA was "Bachelor's degree with 4 years of education".

I am confused. Did I make a mistake in Express Entry Profile or did CIC change the points for spouse education recently?

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
She has a master degree but it was evaluated as 4 years bachelors by ECA. This information of ECA is already entered in the forms. Still they awarded 10 points while 8 points were awarded in the express profile. Will have a look at forms again

Gooogly

Nov 21, 2016
Similar issue here, my post ita score has increased by 8 points, 7 points increase for my educ (principal applicant) & 1 point increase spouse educ, looks like the point is calculated based on not Canadian equiv but home country degree. I am confused.
Principal applicant: previous CRS – Human Capital – Level of Education-119.now 126.
WES equiv: bachelor & one yr degree
previous spouse level of educ 9,now 10
WES equiv: bachelor & bachelor.

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Same issue. Different scenario. How did you guys deal with it? Seems like “Preview my score” is calculating points based on original degree and not as per the eca.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Same issue. Different scenario. How did you guys deal with it? Seems like “Preview my score” is calculating points based on original degree and not as per the eca.
That's right but I left it as it is. The tool is for reference of applicant. They will calculate on thier own and as long as the score is above the ITA it is ok

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I have a completely different scenario. I received an ITA even though my CRS was 10 points below the cutoff. Many people here told me to reject ITA but I applied anyway. Whats the worse that can happen? They say no. Keeping my fingers crossed
Nothing will be worse. Eligibility stage will reject the application as not enough CRS. There is no best outcome.