+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of course before arriving in Canada?

Josie13

Oct 27, 2020
My study permit was delayed for fall 2020 so my school forced me to defer as I could not attend classes (hybrid) and the course I initially submitted with my study permit wasn't available for Jan 2021, so I chose another course for Jan 2021 Instead of waiting an extra year.
Will changing your course before you arrive in Canada be a problem?

Jaydip2406

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
My study permit was delayed for fall 2020 so my school forced me to defer as I could not attend classes (hybrid) and the course I initially submitted with my study permit wasn't available for Jan 2021, so I chose another course for Jan 2021 Instead of waiting an extra year.
Same here...

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I'm kinda on the same page - i am applying to a different DLI lol.

Have you received your approval? Maybe it's best to do it after you get it; at least, that's my plan. I think it's less complicated but the wait for the approval is taking so long haha

melissahuang

Apr 27, 2018
Same here...
members, any update please?

shsdjf

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
You are asking people from 2020 before IRCC changed the policy. If you change DLIs and programs before coming to Canada, you need a new study permit. If you are not changing DLIs, you don't need one but new LOA.
respected sir, can you tell me if I defer my program to January without changing course or dli, should I submit my new load with web form or can i just use the new LOA at the port. have seen some cases of people getting rejected after deferring course and submitting new LOA via webform

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
respected sir, can you tell me if I defer my program to January without changing course or dli, should I submit my new load with web form or can i just use the new LOA at the port. have seen some cases of people getting rejected after deferring course and submitting new LOA via webform
You can try both. Don't know the stage of processing for your permit.