+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE OF COURSE AFTER ENTERING CANADA

ViiK

May 10, 2014
Hi

I want to learn advance baking and patisserie art from Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa. I got the admission in the course I desire and now is the time for the visa process.
But my visa counsellor says I won't get my student visa because I have done graduation in Information Technology in 2008. Even though I have never pursued my career in IT and since then I have done a number of small cooking related courses.
My counsellor is suggesting that I should take admission in some IT related PG course and obtain visa under SPP. Then later on when I get my visa, I should change the course to my desired institute once I enter Canada.

I know that changing institutes and courses is legally allowed under student visa rules but I am scared if this whole process has some dire consequences in future when I apply for my workvisa or PR.
And is it really necessary to go through all this trouble? Because I really wished to get my visa in a straight forward manner.

Please help me I am very confused! I will be greatly obliged if someone can shed some light on the matter. ???

Thank You

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Your English command is very advanced, so I thing you'd better stick with the original plan and present a strong letter of intent for the consideration of the visa officer. Include as many details as possible, attaching any documents and pictures related to your cooking experience, and I wish you good luck in your endeavor!

ViiK

May 10, 2014
Diplomatru said:
Hi,

Your English command is very advanced, so I thing you'd better stick with the original plan and present a strong letter of intent for the consideration of the visa officer. Include as many details as possible, attaching any documents and pictures related to your cooking experience, and I wish you good luck in your endeavor!
Hi Diplomatru,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I too feel that I should stick with the normal visa approach instead of dubious means.
I am going to submit an honest and strong letter of intent and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again for your help. :)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ViiK said:
Hi Diplomatru,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I too feel that I should stick with the normal visa approach instead of dubious means.
I am going to submit an honest and strong letter of intent and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again for your help. :)
Hey, ViiK!

I welcome your decision to proceed this way. Please, keep me posted!