+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of conditions of study permit

bobo244

Feb 7, 2024
Hello, I have a doubt, I applied in September 2023, for a study permit as a full time international student, under the previous financial requirements, CAD$ 10,000, plus tuition costs. when my study permit was issued this year, it was conditioned to that permit does not permit the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada, so I am not allowed to work in Canada 20 hours per week, as most full time international students, despite being eligible, so I could change this, with a change on the conditions of my study permit, but it does requires now CAD$ 20,675, I only have CAD$ 15,000, plus tuition, my question is does this new financial requirement necessarily apply to my study permit? mine is not a new study permit, it was applied way before the new financial requirement was imposed. Can I claim to be a destitute student? it was not my fault, I have complied all Canadian rules of immigration, it is something beyond my control, Canada misled people with the old requirement.

Feb 7, 2024
Hey,i got LOA for january and april intake in YORKVILLE UNIVERSITY,ONTARIO CAMPUS. I do have a VISA and my passport is already stamped.i am going to canada on 22nd of march.DO I ALSO NEED AN ATTESTATION LETTER?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey,i got LOA for january and april intake in YORKVILLE UNIVERSITY,ONTARIO CAMPUS. I do have a VISA and my passport is already stamped.i am going to canada on 22nd of march.DO I ALSO NEED AN ATTESTATION LETTER?
Yorkville is a private university. Not only is the qualify of education poor but given that the school is unlikely to get provincial attestation for international students to attend the school going forward there is a good chance the school may shut down. Most of the school’s students are international students and most employers have never heard of this school. You would be much better off attending a public college or university.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have a doubt, I applied in September 2023, for a study permit as a full time international student, under the previous financial requirements, CAD$ 10,000, plus tuition costs. when my study permit was issued this year, it was conditioned to that permit does not permit the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada, so I am not allowed to work in Canada 20 hours per week, as most full time international students, despite being eligible, so I could change this, with a change on the conditions of my study permit, but it does requires now CAD$ 20,675, I only have CAD$ 15,000, plus tuition, my question is does this new financial requirement necessarily apply to my study permit? mine is not a new study permit, it was applied way before the new financial requirement was imposed. Can I claim to be a destitute student? it was not my fault, I have complied all Canadian rules of immigration, it is something beyond my control, Canada misled people with the old requirement.
If you have 15k you would not be considered destitute.