+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of college

Jun 12, 2021
Please I would like to ask,if someone apply for admission with school A and obtain study permit and enter Canada, please can that person stop attending the school A and enroll in another different school like school B without any problem?

Jun 12, 2021
Please I would like to know,can someone use a certificate from a college which is not part of the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) to look for job or use for PR??

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Reactions: scylla and YVR123

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Please I would like to know,can someone use a certificate from a college which is not part of the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) to look for job or use for PR??
What Certification are you talking about, A graduate degree, Post graduate certificate, Masters?
From the question I assume this certification was obtained outside Canada, If yes you can get ECA done for your earned certificate and earn CRS points for the certificate.

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Please I am talking about diploma or degree from a college in Canada which is not part of the PGWP program
In that case you should have one program which is a part of pgwp to obtain pgwp and when you fill in the Express Entry application, you choose "Two or more certificates" as your level of Education.

Jun 12, 2021
Meaning you have to enroll in another course with that same study permit obtain with the college which is not part of the program or you apply for another different study permit??

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Meaning you have to enroll in another course with that same study permit obtain with the college which is not part of the program or you apply for another different study permit??
Once you obtain a study permit with a college A and wish to change to College B, you'll have to apply for a new Study Permit.
Hmmm this is difficult, because since the college is not part of the program meaning it's Certificate too is not accepted for PR.
It's Certificate might be accepted for Express Entry (PR) but you can not get a pgwp.

Reactions: YVR123
Jun 12, 2021
Okay that's fine! Cos I think since the person already have some Certificates from his or her home country, the person can do ECA with the home country Certificates and apply for normal work permit and combine with the certificate obtain in Canada and look for job or it doesn't work like that?

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Okay that's fine! Cos I think since the person already have some Certificates from his or her home country, the person can do ECA with the home country Certificates and apply for normal work permit and combine with the certificate obtain in Canada and look for job or it doesn't work like that?
If the applicant is on study permit in or going to Canada the certificate obtained in Canada must be from an eligible designated learning institute for a pgwp. They can combine certificate obtained in Canada and the certificates from back home for CRS score.