+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address while waiting for first PR card

lyndon3009

Sep 12, 2015
Hi folks,

I landed on March 4 and still I am waiting for my PR card. The problem is my current address is in NL and my employer recently moved me to work in ON. My employer terminated the lease in NL and I don't want to go back over there just to pick up my PR card.

I tried case specific tool to inform CIC of my new address, no answer. I tried Change Address tool online but the system doesn't recognize my UCI, or others details. I tried to report a technical problem to fix it via case specific, again no answer. I called CIC agent and she told me that if the processing time does not pass, she can not look into my current address on CIC file nor she can change it. And she said it is normal that the online Change of Address system doesn't recognize me.

I am stuck. If I don't get this first PR card, I understand that I will have to apply for another one and it will totally ruin my travelling plan (considering how CIC likes to take their time). Do you guys have any better idea?

Thanks in advance!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had sent in a CSE within days of landing to change my address and it was changed in the system though I didn't get a response to the CSE. The update was confirmed by a helpful agent when I called them. As the current waiting period exceeds 50 days, you can relax and rest assured that the CSE has been acted upon already. Call IRCC after a week or so and ask them to confirm the current address on the file and that would, in all likelihood, be your ON address. If things haven't changed by then, send in another CSE and follow up with a call a week later to confirm the address.

All the best!

rift2000

May 19, 2016
Hi Asivad and Lyndon,

im in the same situation - landed in April, waiting for the first PR card, need to change the address but the CIC Change of Address tool is not locating my record. No reply from the CIC case specific contact form.
Asivad- what's CSE? It seems like you were able to change the address without a problem? Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rift2000 said:
Hi Asivad and Lyndon,

im in the same situation - landed in April, waiting for the first PR card, need to change the address but the CIC Change of Address tool is not locating my record. No reply from the CIC case specific contact form.
Asivad- what's CSE? It seems like you were able to change the address without a problem? Thanks in advance
Case Specific Enquiry. You've done that already, the address would've been updated. You can confirm the update by calling IRCC.

u0905191

Sep 26, 2016
Hi Asivad and Lyndon,

Hi rift2000,

Did you manage to update your address in the end? Was your PR card mailed to your new address? I also submitted a case specific webform recently but haven't received a reply (suppose they won't reply). Thank you.

Fareha88

Feb 26, 2019
Hello folks
Me and my daughter landed on 28 July 2019. My daughter received her PR card at my sister in laws address within 17 days but I didnt. My sister in law has changed her address. What should I do to locate my PR card. We have returned to India. it's not been more than 6 weeks and my application says that PR card has been posted on 12 august. Should I apply for change in address. If so where? Should i call IRCC to change my address..If so at what number. Or should I wait for 6 weeks to b over and then fill the webform. Plz help ..