+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address Mandatory?

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Hello,
I landed 3 months ago in Toronto and rented a new place last week. I still havent recieved my PR card or health card but i do have my g1 license with my Old address on it.

So do i have to change my address details on all the documents every time I move to a new place?

thanks,
Kunal

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Yes you have to, especially for documents like DL. In the event that you drop the documents, you want them to be forwarded to the right address.

To avoid this you have 3 options: 1) you stay as long as you can at any address you choose 2) you use a relative’s address, if they own their home and are therefore not likely to move soon 3) you rent a mailbox which you provide as your mailing address. Its not illegal for your mailing and permanent addresses to be different.

All the best

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Yes you have to, especially for documents like DL. In the event that you drop the documents, you want them to be forwarded to the right address.

To avoid this you have 3 options: 1) you stay as long as you can at any address you choose 2) you use a relative’s address, if they own their home and are therefore not likely to move soon 3) you rent a mailbox which you provide as your mailing address. Its not illegal for your mailing and permanent addresses to be different.

All the best
thanks