+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address for inland application

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
I send my file for inland spousal sponsorship in early march and i know processing is very slow right now. I am moving to a new address end of sept and i still have not received my AOR. Is there anyway for me to tell cic about my address change. The information i found told me to do it through the online application but i cannot link it yet(i have tried many times). Received my biometrics reminder last month but nothing else.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
Have your mail forwarded and establish contact with whoever is at your former address to look out for it for you. Haven't you ever moved before?
I have but never been in a situation where i need a piece of mail which would be this important.

Guess i can go to canada post and ask them if they will forward mail.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
You can contact cic through webform to inform them about the address change. Use the file number that you’ve received in the bio fees reminder and your UCI (if you have one). Also, AOR usually goes to the sponsors email, however, make sure to send the webform as well, just to be safe

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
You can contact cic through webform to inform them about the address change. Use the file number that you’ve received in the bio fees reminder and your UCI (if you have one). Also, AOR usually goes to the sponsors email, however, make sure to send the webform as well, just to be safe
Thanks. I just sent the webform.

Reactions: dof13

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
Update:
Right after sending the webmail we got an email for cic saying we received your application on 26 march. And
The application number quoted above is temporary. Once we have completed the review of your application and it has been deemed complete, we will inform you of your permanent application number. In the meantime, you can quote the temporary application number or UCI when communicating with us.

zaibkm

Jun 29, 2020
I send my file for inland spousal sponsorship in early march and i know processing is very slow right now. I am moving to a new address end of sept and i still have not received my AOR. Is there anyway for me to tell cic about my address change. The information i found told me to do it through the online application but i cannot link it yet(i have tried many times). Received my biometrics reminder last month but nothing else.
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Hi,
Have you received any other email after that confirming the address change ?

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
Hi,
Have you received any other email after that confirming the address change ?
Nothing. But i keep trying to link my application online every second or third day and was finally able to link my OWP on November 4. Still nothing on the PR application

zaibkm

Jun 29, 2020
Nothing. But i keep trying to link my application online every second or third day and was finally able to link my OWP on November 4. Still nothing on the PR application
That is great! Atleast OWP got linked. Hope they proceed with the PR application too :) .
Thank you. Please let us know if you receive any further information on PR. Also did they ask for more address proofs while submitting the webform?

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
That is great! Atleast OWP got linked. Hope they proceed with the PR application too :) .
Thank you. Please let us know if you receive any further information on PR. Also did they ask for more address proofs while submitting the webform?
So i was finally able to link my PR application just now. It says march 26 received. While my OWP says received 18 march. No AOR still.
They did not ask me for anything so far.
At least there is a bar that says 65% complete and estimated completion date march 26 2021

zaibkm

Jun 29, 2020
Congratulations!!! That must be such a relief.
Just one last question. Did you submit 2 webforms ,one for sponsor and one for principal applicant ?