+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address after admission from CIC

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Hi all -- I was notified of my admission to the FSWP through Express Entry. In the email they ask me to submit a number of documents within the next 30 days.

However, I applied while in one country, and now I am in a different country. Per the email's instructions, I notified CIC by email about this. However, I got an auto-reply saying that average processing time is 20 days. Hence was wondering: can someone who was in a similar situation share their experience?

Thanks!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
thoreau911 said:
Hi all -- I was notified of my admission to the FSWP through Express Entry. In the email they ask me to submit a number of documents within the next 30 days.

However, I applied while in one country, and now I am in a different country. Per the email's instructions, I notified CIC by email about this. However, I got an auto-reply saying that average processing time is 20 days. Hence was wondering: can someone who was in a similar situation share their experience?

Thanks!
You have to submit the requested documents online. I dont think that you have to send in the hard copies of your documents

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for your input but that is inaccurate in my case given that CIC needs to produce a stamp for my passport in order for me to be allowed into Canada.

Any other takers?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations on your PPR!

CIC typically takes anywhere from a few days to a week to respond to VO change request. Hang in there, won't be long in coming.

nataliewg

Dec 7, 2014
Congrat on your PPR! I have the same questions but my case is a bit different as my app is still in process. I moved from province A to B in July 2014 and got the ITA in July 2015, but my ECAS still showed the old mailing address, I requested address change twice 1 or 2 months ago using ECAS online service but it hasn't been updated yet. Do I need to open an inquiry to update my current address or it doesn't really matter as my application showed my current address? Will this affect the COPR? Thanks for your kind help experts, wish PPR coming on your way soon!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nataliewg said:
Congrat on your PPR! I have the same questions but my case is a bit different as my app is still in process. I moved from province A to B in July 2014 and got the ITA in July 2015, but my ECAS still showed the old mailing address, I requested address change twice 1 or 2 months ago using ECAS online service but it hasn't been updated yet. Do I need to open an inquiry to update my current address or it doesn't really matter as my application showed my current address? Will this affect the COPR? Thanks for your kind help experts, wish PPR coming on your way soon!
ECAS picks up information based on your UCI in GCMS so this could be a legacy from an earlier application. Send an address update request via CSE now, that should work. Even if you don't send a CSE, it doesn't matter.

All the best!

nataliewg

Dec 7, 2014
Thank you Asivad! :)

Asivad Anac said:
ECAS picks up information based on your UCI in GCMS so this could be a legacy from an earlier application. Send an address update request via CSE now, that should work. Even if you don't send a CSE, it doesn't matter.

All the best!

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Thanks everyone for your input.

CIC still hasn't replied to my email. Can someone please share the process of changing your address in order for CIC to send my passport to the right one?

Thanks in advance

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations on your PPR!

CIC typically takes anywhere from a few days to a week to respond to VO change request. Hang in there, won't be long in coming.
Thanks Asivad! It has been a week already and no replies. Again, I just emailed PC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to let them know my new address is different. What is a VO Change Request? Is there a specific form I have to go through? I searched for the term in the forum but found no entries unfortunately.

Thanks