09-07-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
8-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
Hi all,
I am a software developer with 3 years of experience. While filing your application, I understand that the experience letter should match the job description for the NOC you choose. However, I have made a serious blunder on my part and am in grave need of help. Here's what happened -

While creating my Express Entry profile, I had used NOC 2173 - (Software Engineer) as my job code. But, After receiving my ITA, I realized that 2174 (Computer programmer) fits my job description more aptly rather than 2173.
--------------
Can anyone tell me what would be the best course of action now?
1. Should I try to convince cic to change the NOC in my application
2. Should try to get an experience letter which imperfectly matches my chosen NOC
3. Should I withdraw my current application and start over, to prevent rejection.

Please suggest which option would be best for someone in my situation.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

devshah

Oct 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
Doc's Request.
09-07-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
8-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
Hi @raviranjanec10 ,
I continued with my original NOC code. I got a generic experience letter provided by my company which matched the original NOC to some extent. I didnt add anything to it. it did not match the NOC exactly but it was sufficient to get me a PR. Good luck

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi @raviranjanec10 ,
I continued with my original NOC code. I got a generic experience letter provided by my company which matched the original NOC to some extent. I didnt add anything to it. it did not match the NOC exactly but it was sufficient to get me a PR. Good luck
hi devshah,
Even i am in the same boat my job duties are matching to 2173 to 50% and 2174 to 50%.i got ITA and submitted my documents as well under 2173.Thank u

May 19, 2019
Hello guys, I'm also in the same boat, actually, I got the nomination with 2173 but my R&R closely match with 2174 what should I do now?

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
hi devshah,
Even i am in the same boat my job duties are matching to 2173 to 50% and 2174 to 50%.i got ITA and submitted my documents as well under 2173.Thank u
Hello,

I am in the same situation. Could you please share your experience. I really appreciate it.

Canadian J

Apr 28, 2021
Hi all,
I am a software developer with 3 years of experience. While filing your application, I understand that the experience letter should match the job description for the NOC you choose. However, I have made a serious blunder on my part and am in grave need of help. Here's what happened -

While creating my Express Entry profile, I had used NOC 2173 - (Software Engineer) as my job code. But, After receiving my ITA, I realized that 2174 (Computer programmer) fits my job description more aptly rather than 2173.
--------------
Can anyone tell me what would be the best course of action now?
1. Should I try to convince cic to change the NOC in my application
2. Should try to get an experience letter which imperfectly matches my chosen NOC
3. Should I withdraw my current application and start over, to prevent rejection.

Please suggest which option would be best for someone in my situation.
Thanks in advance
Hello Dev!

I was in a very similar situation to yours; My title was listed officially as a Senior Software Engineer but my actual job description was closer to that of a Database Analyst. I had listed the latter as my NOC, whereas all my professional documents pointed towards the former.

My advice to you is try to convince your employer to write the job description similar to that of your chosen NOC (if they permit, you can even write the description for them and then have them check / sign it). Canadian officials seldom check the title itself; more weightage is placed on the job description and the NOC.

I'd also highly recommend that you look up your NOC, read the job description for that code listed on the official CIC website, and then write your own / have your employer write your own job description based off that to minimize error. If I remember correctly they look for an 85% match.

I also wanted to reassure you that this situation is resolvable, so don't stress and try to handle it with care! I am now a PR holder myself.

Wishing you the best of luck, do reach out to me personally if any other questions. I will be very glad to help!