+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change my work status fromfca to lcp

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Hi there, i need some advice please. I am presently here at canada and I am going to change my work permit from food counter attendant to live in caregiver program. I heard from my friend that i should apply my application outside canada. I read from the cic website that the Los Angeles consulate will no longer process the work permit application from canada. If i do it online and apply it here inside canada they said they will give me the new work permit but not under the live in caregiver program. Any suggestions please..thank you in advance!

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
We're in the same boat. I applied mine in new york. If you apply it inside canada you will not be included in the lcp.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Hi gweenie, thank u for the reply. When did you submit and did you submit it tru by mail? I tried to apply it to Los Angeles as what they said before. But i'm not sure if they are still processing the work permit there from canada. The agency told me before they submitted the application of new work permit to LA. still confused :(

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Hi there. I just got an email yesterday that my work permit has been approved. I submitted my paper application via mail to new york consulate last oct 1 2013. Ive waited.almost 4 months. Im just waiting for them to send my passport and by then i can get my work.permit in the border. Hope you'll get yours too. Godbless.

saggigurl

Feb 12, 2014
Hi Gwennie, i got the same case .. im currently work as food counter attendant and want to apply for live-in caregiver and i got the positive LMO..just want to ask and know if how to apply for a new work permit since im in canada already .. what application form did u used..and what did you put in current in the current address and where should i submit my application..hope to hear you from you soon i really need help..thank you and God Bless.

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Hi saguigirl. Download the form 'application for work permit outside canada'. And you need to submit.it.on paper application thru mail in New York consulate. Hope they will still accpet application from canada because i hear some news before that they are already sending back those application from canada. Pray and everythig will work out just fine..prove to them that you are eliguble to work as nanny. Send some certificates as much as possible that are related to the live-in caregiver position. Godbless!

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
gwennie said:
Hi there. I just got an email yesterday that my work permit has been approved. I submitted my paper application via mail to new york consulate last oct 1 2013. Ive waited.almost 4 months. Im just waiting for them to send my passport and by then i can get my work.permit in the border. Hope you'll get yours too. Godbless.)
that's good to hear gweenie, please keep posting up until you've got your new work permit under the lcp. About your work experienced related in the nanny/or caregiver do you have related experienced for the past 3 years or no? Because i don't have my work experienced related to the nanny/caregiver for the past 3 yrs but i do have caregiver certificate.

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Got my passport 2 weeks after my approval with a new visa on it from new york. Yes grafe. I worked in a nursing home for 2 years and clinics and hospital in the philipines too. I'll update you guys once I get my work permit. Im flying to vancouver and get my work permit in the peace arch border on the 22nd. Praying that eveeything will work out good. Godbless everyone!

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
saggigurl said:
Hi Gwennie, i got the same case .. im currently work as food counter attendant and want to apply for live-in caregiver and i got the positive LMO..just want to ask and know if how to apply for a new work permit since im in canada already .. what application form did u used..and what did you put in current in the current address and where should i submit my application..hope to hear you from you soon i really need help..thank you and God Bless.
Hi sagguigurl, any updates from your lcp application? Where did you applied and is it online or paper application? I tried to asked help from the immigrant consultant and they tried to applied it online with the attached letter stated( attention new york consulate) and they said they refused my application caused it was handled and processed in LA. I don't know why this was happened and the visa officer didn't check my application that it is applying for work permit from Canada. We all know that the LA consulate is not accepting already applicants for work permit from canada. They didn't pay attention to the application what is it about. Now the immigration consultant tried to apply it again to the New york consulate tru mail. And i'm worrying because by april my LMO Will expired. I hope they will aprrove my application.

saggigurl

Feb 12, 2014
Hi everyone, Im currently here in Canada now heres my situation i have found an employer for nanny which is they applied for a positive LMo and now i have it but i don't want to work for them anymore because they took too long to process everything and my time is almost up then now i found another employer who were willing to process everything .. my question is , is it okay to for my new employer to apply for a new LMo in my favor since i still have the last LMo which is still valid but i don't wanna use it and work for them at all..hope you can give me advise whats the best thing to do.. thank you!

saggigurl

Feb 12, 2014
Hi grafe. sorry but im still in the process of looking a new employer .. can you please let me know if New York still accepting application from inside Canada? because soon im goi g to do the sane thing like you do.. Thank you so much!

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
hi saggirl, sorry for the late reply. The new york is still processing work permit from Canada according to the immigration consultant that i talked.My application was sent to New york consulate last march and i'm still waiting for the result. Hope it will be positive cause i'm waiting for a long time already starting frim
The LMO application.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
hi everyone, just to let you know that i got my result of my visa application yesterday and the visa officer refused my application. i thought passed the requirements because i have my certificate in caregiver and elementary education background. i don't know why they approved my LMO and they refused the work visa. they just keep me waited for nothing. it's so annoying that they keep me waited for a long time with a negative result. their reason of refusal was he/she was not satisfied that i will leave in canada after my work contract because of my work status, (am under the temporary worker). they should stated next time that the temporary worker who already in canada cannot apply the work under the live in caregiver program so we are not wasting of our time and money! Just wanted to express how i feel right now. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the result of their application.