+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change my surname

takachi

May 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if I can change or modify my first name when I apply for citizenship I will send the application soon, and I do not find how to do that, Is it possible ? I just want to change my first name not the name.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if I can change or modify my first name when I apply for citizenship I will send the application soon, and I do not find how to do that, Is it possible ? I just want to change my first name not the name.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that
Surname is last name not the first. If you are in Canada you need to do it legally if you have not done it yet.

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
But can I do that after or before application ? I live in Quebec and I do not know how to do it
Thank's
Yes you can but you need to have a valid reason for it and depends on the approval.

In Quebec average processing time is 3 month and fee 137 dollar not counting changing time in other documents.

http://www4.gouv.qc.ca/EN/Portail/Citoyens/Evenements/separation-divorce/Pages/faire-modifier-nom-prenom.aspx

Considering all the hassle it is better to change it later as you can determine whether you really like to do it or not.

But fix the name of health card. Do not keep two name in your drivers license and health card.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
But can I do that after or before application ? I live in Quebec and I do not know how to do it
Thank's
I did some research on this, from what I learned best is to do it after you get your citizenship and before applying for documents such as passport and etc.

GIL

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Visa Office......
sydney australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
PER JAN 2012 ,AOR FEB 2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
2/ 2012
Med's Request
11/2012
Med's Done....
11/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7/13
VISA ISSUED...
7/13
LANDED..........
8/13
How to change surname in Alberta . Just applied for citizenship. Now wants to change surname