+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Job Position after ITA

aegisch

Feb 22, 2018
Hi there,

I have received ITA from EE under my current Job position - Administrative Assistants(NOC TypeB 1241).

Right now, there is an opportunity to transfer to Account department to be a Billing Clerk (NOC Type C, 1431) with better paid and benefit, and better fit to my career path as well.

Can I / Should I do the job position change? Will this position change affect my EE application at all?

Thank you
Aegis

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
In my experience they shouldn't really care about your specific occupation right now as long as you can prove that you have worked within that submitted occupation for the length of time that you have stated. For example, If you worked as an administrative assistant for 2 years and had that counted in order to gain crs points, then you just need to prove that you have worked as just that during 2 years.
However, In my personal opinion I would probably just to be safe, not move too far away from your current role. Just because at the end of the day, there are humans with personal opinions sitting at the other end of your application. However If it is as you mention a career advancement that perhaps might even have a NOC code then I wouldn't worry about it and just go for it.
Don't put your life on hold any longer than you have to. Good luck

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Ps the most important thing is that you pick which occupation/NOC code you would like to "migrate" on. You cannot change that NOC code later in the application as far as I'm concerned, even if it's a higher position or whatever. Just to clarify