+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change job during PR application is in process

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hello friends,

Urgent query!!

My PR application is currently under process (AOR received). I have applied under Canadian experience class (CEC) and currently on a open work permit. I am currently working as a business analyst in an organization in Canada over a year and 2 months now and I have provided the reference letter from my employer to cic.

Can I change my job (full time or contract) during this stage? If yes, do I need to inform cic about that? I haven't applied through LMIA and neither under PNP. Please guide. Thanks in advance.

XXyy

Oct 2, 2019
Hi guys I have the same question, can I change my job/Employer during my application is in progress under Canadian experience class in express entry ?
After changing my job where should I update it ?

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
Hello friends,

Urgent query!!

My PR application is currently under process (AOR received). I have applied under Canadian experience class (CEC) and currently on a open work permit. I am currently working as a business analyst in an organization in Canada over a year and 2 months now and I have provided the reference letter from my employer to cic.

Can I change my job (full time or contract) during this stage? If yes, do I need to inform cic about that? I haven't applied through LMIA and neither under PNP. Please guide. Thanks in advance.
Hey Ditya...What did you end up doing...I am in exact same spot...If I accept a new offer do I need to inform CIC? I am on open work permit applied under CEC

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
Nothing to inform ircc after AOR
Thank you so much. I hope you got your PR without any implications. Appreciate your help. I will try to get a late joining date as much as possible. I would like to connect with you on FB..If you are the one from Vancouver BC I can send you the request. If you are not comfortable, I can completely undersatnd.

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Thank you so much. I hope you got your PR without any implications. Appreciate your help. I will try to get a late joining date as much as possible. I would like to connect with you on FB..If you are the one from Vancouver BC I can send you the request. If you are not comfortable, I can completely undersatnd.
No worries. You can send the request. I have full name in my username.