+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change job before filing express entry under 12 months?

jay_12r

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
I am on PGWP and already working in a company since May 2020, and in December I got another Job opportunity with better Pay.
But, I want to apply for Express entry PR after getting one year of Canadian experience. will the job change have impant on my application, I will be applying for PR in end of April 2021.

or it has to be a straight one year in a single company?

wwok

May 12, 2020
you should probably ask for a complete employment letter for CEC when you do leave. it would be awkward to ask for it down the road like "remember me? I jumped ship like last year for a better pay, but hope all is well. Can you write me a letter?" lol

jay_12r

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
No impact. Can work for multiple employers as long as skilled.
yes, its NOC 2173, software engineer, Skill A job.
By Multiple employer you mean, 8 months with my current company and 4 months with a new company, will still calculated as 1 year of experience in Express entry profile right. NOTE: the position is changing from Associate to Senior engineer. (any impact of that)

jay_12r

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
you should probably ask for a complete employment letter for CEC when you do leave. it would be awkward to ask for it down the road like "remember me? I jumped ship like last year for a better pay, but hope all is well. Can you write me a letter?" lol
If I am not wrong, You mean experience letter? if so, then yes I think the company will provide that.