+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change job after ITA (Work history updates?)

rkdgus7585

Apr 19, 2019
I got a new job after I received my ITA and have one question regarding my profile updates.

I heard I need to update my 'Personal history' but I am not sure if I also need to update from my 'Work history' part, as I put my new job info, additional employment document submission is needed for that job.

Should I just update my 'Personal history' but not my 'Work history' so that I don't need to upload any additional document? thank you.

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I got a new job after I received my ITA and have one question regarding my profile updates.

I heard I need to update my 'Personal history' but I am not sure if I also need to update from my 'Work history' part, as I put my new job info, additional employment document submission is needed for that job.

Should I just update my 'Personal history' but not my 'Work history' so that I don't need to upload any additional document? thank you.
hi,
You can always skip details from your work history as long as it is not affecting your CRS score, and mention those in Personal history and just add the reasons in a letter of explanation (like, its a new job and getting ref letter from here would be difficult, etc, etc) and just add your joining letter of new job.

By doing so, it clarifies the case officer that you are not hiding anything from them and also because of difficulty in arranging few documents which are not affecting your CRS also, You are moving it in other head.

Good Luck

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
hi,
You can always skip details from your work history as long as it is not affecting your CRS score, and mention those in Personal history and just add the reasons in a letter of explanation (like, its a new job and getting ref letter from here would be difficult, etc, etc) and just add your joining letter of new job.

By doing so, it clarifies the case officer that you are not hiding anything from them and also because of difficulty in arranging few documents which are not affecting your CRS also, You are moving it in other head.

Good Luck
Hi
I received ITA one month before completing my 2 years of work experience i.e (March 2018- March 2020), I received in FEb 5th draw? I heard which is fine,I just have to accept next month when eligible
Now I changed my job in Feb and joined recently on Feb 3rd. I didn't update my new work/job experience (which comes in different NOC code) as I didn't expect to come in FEB? It doesn't affect my points. I don't know what to do, should I update about my new work and how do I do that? please advise

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi
I received ITA one month before completing my 2 years of work experience i.e (March 2018- March 2020), I received in FEb 5th draw? I heard which is fine,I just have to accept next month when eligible
Now I changed my job in Feb and joined recently on Feb 3rd. I didn't update my new work/job experience (which comes in different NOC code) as I didn't expect to come in FEB? It doesn't affect my points. I don't know what to do, should I update about my new work and how do I do that? please advise
You can just mention the new job in personal history.

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
Hi
hi,

Good Luck
If I have letter from my new job...do I need to update on work history? Because I got CRs score according to my 2 work experience ..but before complete two years, I changed my job with different NOC code ...so it’s okay right?

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019
Hello,

I really need your help on this, i have send my application with two job hisotry before geting an ITA, But now i have difficulty to find reference letter for one of my job. Can i send my application without it, removing this job history doesn't affect my score

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

I really need your help on this, i have send my application with two job hisotry before geting an ITA, But now i have difficulty to find reference letter for one of my job. Can i send my application without it, removing this job history doesn't affect my score
Yes move it to personal history section.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
i have alreaday received an ITA. i'm concerned if that will not cause me problem when i move it to the personal history
Hi dear

Can you please confirm what you have done. I am also in the same boat and wanted to move few experience which is not giving any additional points from work history to personal history

Sohal IR

Apr 22, 2024
Hi I received my ITA on 11 April 2024 in STEM category (NOC 21232). Actually I worked in same job from 01 September 2023 to 5th April 2024 but I didn’t change the status in work history (it was currently working) and got ITA unexpectedly on 11 April.
Now I switched my job in different NOC Code. Will that impact my application ?
Do I need to show my new job (just joined on 18 April) in my work history in application?