+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in status

onadliza

Jan 11, 2015
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I hope somebody could answer my query :(
I have already submitted my application for MPNP under the General Stream and I have already
been interviewed by an officer from Manitoba for their final assessment however, I do not have an
idea when will I have the final decision, whether my application is granted or not and I am planning to get
marry anytime soon. If in case I will change my status from single to married and decide to include
my husband in my application before they give the final result, how much longer will I wait again for my application? Will my application be considered a new one again and back to zero processing time?

I am hoping someone could help me and give me an idea so I would know what to do best.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
onadliza said:
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I hope somebody could answer my query :(
I have already submitted my application for MPNP under the General Stream and I have already
been interviewed by an officer from Manitoba for their final assessment however, I do not have an
idea when will I have the final decision, whether my application is granted or not and I am planning to get
marry anytime soon. If in case I will change my status from single to married and decide to include
my husband in my application before they give the final result, how much longer will I wait again for my application? Will my application be considered a new one again and back to zero processing time?

I am hoping someone could help me and give me an idea so I would know what to do best.
If you get married before your pr application gets completed you have to notify cic about your marriage. if you fail to notify cic and you get your PR you can face some serious problems. the problems can be
1) you will never be able to sponsor your husband in the future.
2) you may lose your PR status with additional ban to enter in canada for the reason that you got PR card as a single whereas in actual you were married at that time (this may be considered as a misrepresentation).

Now as you only have one option left and that is to notify cic as soon as you get married. by doing so your husband will be included in your application by paying relevant fees, submitting additional cic forms, your husband medical exam, proof of marriage, your husband's identity and travel documents. you both will get PR status at the same time.

by including your husband your PR application MAY face some delays (few months) as your husband will also be processed (his security and background check, medical etc).Your application will not be considered RESET or back to zero thing, it will remain in processes at whatever stage it is right now.
this delay will be worth as it will be only few extra months as compare to sponsoring your husband which is in years.

Hope it helps

Rustam123

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th april 2014
Doc's Request.
15 jan 2015
Nomination.....
18 feb 2014
AOR Received.
05 june 2014
File Transfer...
25 july 2014
Med's Request
13 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
26 Feb 2015 ( 3rd Line updated on 7 March 2015)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
26 march 2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 april 2015
LANDED..........
15 May 2015
You have to send your Husband Birth certificate, Passport or any other travel document and PCC to Manitoba via email and also send to CIC if you have already applied for PR. It will not cause any problem at this stage and the processing will be same as in routine because you are PA.

brar2015

Apr 10, 2015
hello
in my case i apply in dec 2012 and me and my sponsor interview done on 5 march 2015. after that no email no any letter its complete 6 weeks ply tell me what can i do