+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Program in Study Permit

ayamsazi

Apr 13, 2019
Hi
I've enrolled under the BCom UG program and got my Study Permit in 2020 with BCom mentioned on it.
In Year 2, I changed my study program to BSc and have received an official document from the University confirming the same.

I would like to know whether its required to change my Study Permit to reflect BSc instead of BCom. As per CIC website, there is no need to change the study permit if you change the program within the same University. I'm getting mixed feedback from University and I'm not sure how all this will affect my Co-op application and opportunities.

If anyone been through the same, please share your experience / advise.

Thanks!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi
I've enrolled under the BCom UG program and got my Study Permit in 2020 with BCom mentioned on it.
In Year 2, I changed my study program to BSc and have received an official document from the University confirming the same.

I would like to know whether its required to change my Study Permit to reflect BSc instead of BCom. As per CIC website, there is no need to change the study permit if you change the program within the same University. I'm getting mixed feedback from University and I'm not sure how all this will affect my Co-op application and opportunities.

If anyone been through the same, please share your experience / advise.

Thanks!
You do not need to amend your SP as it's the same DLI.

Reactions: canuck78