+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in name on study permit

syed.ahmed

Nov 17, 2017
I have an Indian passport with the last name space blank. So, the study permit does not have the last name on it. However, my university told me to change my passport and study permit so that my first and last name on it is separate. Now, I have a new passport with the first and last name on it.

Do I need to reapply for a new study permit or can I just fill up an amendment form for the study permit? Do I need to apply for a new visa or the visa in the old passport is still valid?

teknath

Oct 17, 2018
@syed.ahmed
Bro i have the same concern. I hope to hear from some experts. I'm tuned.
If you did have success in finding solution, please share with me.

alex32

Sep 15, 2019
I have an Indian passport with the last name space blank. So, the study permit does not have the last name on it. However, my university told me to change my passport and study permit so that my first and last name on it is separate. Now, I have a new passport with the first and last name on it.

Do I need to reapply for a new study permit or can I just fill up an amendment form for the study permit? Do I need to apply for a new visa or the visa in the old passport is still valid?
Hi,

Did you get you amendment already?
Did you apply for your SIN number before sent your SP for amendment or you had to wait until it is done?

Thanks