+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in marital status after receiving COPR

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
I got married after receiving COPR and visa stamping for Canada PR from India. I’ve updated IRCC New Delhi Office about the change in status and submitted back my original passport and COPR documents. The visa is cancelled stating CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. After the cancellation of visa, I haven’t received any emails from IRCC New Delhi on how to proceed to add my wife details for PR processing. Although earlier I’ve received one email stating my application has been updated, I’m not able to login in GC Key application which I had created earlier for express entertainment and it shows profile expired.
And once the express entry profile is approved for PR, the file would be deleted from database, and so even if I login using my GC key credentials my profile wouldn’t be visible. Is this true?

Please note that I had called IRCC -Canadian officer and spoke over phone about my change in marital status. She told me that IRCC Delhi Office would guide on the further processing.

Could anyone let me know how to proceed further? How to update my details and my wife details and what steps I need to follow so that both of us get Canada PR.

I’ve written emails as well as web forms to Canada Delhi-immigration office but haven’t received any response from them on what to be followed next.

It would be great if somebody could guide me on the process and whom to approach.