+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in marital status after PR stamping

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
hi,
My PR got approved and my passport is stamped with visa expiry date in August 2019 (stating I need to land in Canada before August since my medicals validity is only till August 2019). However I got married recently, after the stamping of the passport is done. In the documents I received from IRCC it’s mentioned that I need to inform about change in marital status before landing. Now if I inform the IRCC about change in marital status after PR stamping is done what would they do? I have to re-enter the loop and apply a fresh documentation and reevaluate on the CRS points? Or I won’t be asked to re-enter the loop and it would be a separate procedure. Since my medicals would expire soon (August 2019) and adding my wife details and processing of her application will take time, what would be my status? I’ll be asked to go for new medicals and extend my visa validity ?

Please suggest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi,
My PR got approved and my passport is stamped with visa expiry date in August 2019 (stating I need to land in Canada before August since my medicals validity is only till August 2019). However I got married recently, after the stamping of the passport is done. In the documents I received from IRCC it’s mentioned that I need to inform about change in marital status before landing. Now if I inform the IRCC about change in marital status after PR stamping is done what would they do? I have to re-enter the loop and apply a fresh documentation and reevaluate on the CRS points? Or I won’t be asked to re-enter the loop and it would be a separate procedure. Since my medicals would expire soon (August 2019) and adding my wife details and processing of her application will take time, what would be my status? I’ll be asked to go for new medicals and extend my visa validity ?

Please suggest
You must inform your spouse about your marriage - this is not optional - it's mandatory. You will need to return your COPR since it was issued to you when you were single and you are now married (if you try to land using your COPR, this is misrepresentation and you'll never be able to sponsor your spouse). You will need to submit all of the paperwork to add your spouse to your application including medical and PCCs. You will then have to wait for a new COPR to be issued to you and your new spouse. Expect this process to take 4+ months.

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Thanks for the immediate response. I’ll inform IRCC about change in marital status. In that case when I inform IRCC about my marital status, would I be asked to re-enter the loop and go for and wait for fresh ITA (my CRS points are lower after I update my marital status). Since my medicals are expiring soon (August 27, 2019) what would be my case? They’ll extend my visa by asking to perform new medicals ?

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
You must inform your spouse about your marriage - this is not optional - it's mandatory. You will need to return your COPR since it was issued to you when you were single and you are now married (if you try to land using your COPR, this is misrepresentation and you'll never be able to sponsor your spouse). You will need to submit all of the paperwork to add your spouse to your application including medical and PCCs. You will then have to wait for a new COPR to be issued to you and your new spouse. Expect this process to take 4+ months.

Thanks for the immediate response. I’ll inform IRCC about change in marital status. In that case when I inform IRCC about my marital status, would I be asked to re-enter the loop and go for and wait for fresh ITA (my CRS points are lower after I update my marital status). Since my medicals are expiring soon (August 27, 2019) what would be my case? They’ll extend my visa by asking to perform new medicals ?