+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in job designation

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends

I have query related to my job profile. When I created my EE profile, I was working as a senior engineer. I received ITA based upon that profile. Now, today only I got promoted to the post of Assistant Manager in same company. Although my nature of work shall remain same. Its just that I became senior now. I received my promotion letter. I am yet to get my reference letter signed by my boss.

My query is since I stated in EE profile that I was senior engineer but now after creating PR Profile, if I submit the letter stating my designation as AM, will it be a problem ?

Please guide what should be better course of action in this regard.

Regards

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. It should not be a problem as you did not lie to CIC about your profile. You were senior engineer when you got ITA. Now as you got promotion, it is a good news and you need to communicate to them about it. They will update your profile and expect you to provide relevant documentation to support it. That's it.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Designations should not matter if the nature of your work remains the same.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Thanks a lot guys for your replies. However, In order to explain my situation to CIC, what all documents I should providE?

Will the following methodology work?

1. Change my designation to Assistant manager in my PR Profile. (Is it required?)
2. Provide employer reference letter signed by my boss, wherein all my previous designations and current designation along with promotion dates will be mentioned.
3. Provide my latest promotion letter.

Please guide

Regards

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
rollingpunjab said:
Thanks a lot guys for your replies. However, In order to explain my situation to CIC, what all documents I should providE?

Will the following methodology work?

1. Change my designation to Assistant manager in my PR Profile. (Is it required?)
2. Provide employer reference letter signed by my boss, wherein all my previous designations and current designation along with promotion dates will be mentioned.
3. Provide my latest promotion letter.

Please guide

Regards
As mentioned by cyronn designation doesn't matter it's your job role. I don't think there is any substantial change in your circumstances which needs to be informed to cic...if you had changed job. In that case it would be necessary....if I were u I would not have cared to unnecessary confuse VO