+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in family status - awaiting prc

Zayynah

Sep 19, 2018
  1. Hello. i have a query regarding our PRC waiting time....
    We received our ITA in April 2018, had medical done in May 2018 and submitted on 14th July 2018. Later we were asked to submit a Form A for background check for my husband, which was done on 6th August. We are both qualified teachers in Pakistan.
    Currently we are waiting for our PRC. However I am pregnant with our 2nd child and am due early Feb 2019. So far have not received any further correspondence from IRCC. My questions are::
    1- my current passport expires in April 2019, i am applying for a renewal next week, how do i inform IrCC
    2- is it possible/allowed to travel to canada for delivery before receiving prc?
    3- how much longer can prc take?
    4- how and who do i inform about pregnancy with regards to out immigration application.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
  1. Hello. i have a query regarding our PRC waiting time....
    We received our ITA in April 2018, had medical done in May 2018 and submitted on 14th July 2018. Later we were asked to submit a Form A for background check for my husband, which was done on 6th August. We are both qualified teachers in Pakistan.
    Currently we are waiting for our PRC. However I am pregnant with our 2nd child and am due early Feb 2019. So far have not received any further correspondence from IRCC. My questions are::
    1- my current passport expires in April 2019, i am applying for a renewal next week, how do i inform IrCC
    2- is it possible/allowed to travel to canada for delivery before receiving prc?
    3- how much longer can prc take?
    4- how and who do i inform about pregnancy with regards to out immigration application.

Thank you
1. You'll simply inform IRCC that you have a new passport when you receive the passport request communication and they are ready to issue your PR visa.
2. You would need to apply for a TRV to travel to Canada earlier. There is no guarantee the TRV will be approved. If the TRV is approved and you travel to Canada, you will have to pay for all costs of the delivery on your own (you will not be covered by the health care system). You should budget at least $10K for the costs of the birth - although it could be much higher if there are complications
3. Not possible for any of us to say.

Zayynah

Sep 19, 2018
Hi thank you for the reply
It's very helpful
Could you shed some light on how/who to inform about pregnancy??