+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Family Size reassessments...

T

TaaDow

Ok ... I'm posting this for the community since I've already had this happen several times this week so obviously people aren't aware...

If you sponsor under a family class that has LICO (min income req.) such as parents, grandparents etc... and then while waiting for that application to be processed you have a child, get married, import another family member through sponsorship etc... This results in a change in family size and will thus require that your income be recalculated based on the date we received the new information.

SO... if you have a sponsorship in for your parents, and then you sponsor a new husband, be prepared to now have the funds to support ALL of these members or your application will be denied. This week I have been forced to deny three cases such as this where a new marriage resulted in insufficient funds to meet LICO for the parents, so the parents are refused and must now begin the process again.

If you marry after submitting an application, you may NOT add them as a co-signer after, so you must be able to cover your new family size with YOUR income.

Just some food for thaught before you start mass-importing family members or having children while waiting for other applications to be completed.

T

TaaDow

Sorry if above post sounds angry... I get tired of being blamed by people for the mistakes they've made. I had a woman yelling at me for refusing her parents for a situation like this today, but the rules haven't changed so it's not my fault she felt the need to import a new husband, have a kid and not get a better job to support those choices. As far as I'm concerned she chose her new husband and to have a child knowing it meant she would not get to sponsor her parents.

Now she's upset because her newly imported husband isn't working out so well but she's responsible for him for the next 3 years, so she won't be able to afford sponsoring her parents until after that, and then she's looking at a 4 year process, so at least 7 years before she sees her parents again, assuming they survive that long.... again... not my fault...

So please please please, do your research before making any big life decisions... and if you do make a mistake like this, don't take your mistake out on the immigration officer who's just doing his job.... It's not their fault...

T

TaaDow

Proof of Residency... They require proof that your spouse is residing in Canada if I understand correctly.

This can be proven with a number of documents. Items such as Lease agreements, job letters from a reputable employer, vehicle ownership and registration, etc... anything that proves the sponsor is residing where they claim to be.

If you've mis-worded this, it could also be asking for proof of PR status... This would be a copy of their Permanent Resident card... but this should be available to them through the FOSS system so it's likely the first option they're seeking.

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
TaaDow said:
Sorry if above post sounds angry... I get tired of being blamed by people for the mistakes they've made. I had a woman yelling at me for refusing her parents for a situation like this today, but the rules haven't changed so it's not my fault she felt the need to import a new husband, have a kid and not get a better job to support those choices. As far as I'm concerned she chose her new husband and to have a child knowing it meant she would not get to sponsor her parents.

Now she's upset because her newly imported husband isn't working out so well but she's responsible for him for the next 3 years, so she won't be able to afford sponsoring her parents until after that, and then she's looking at a 4 year process, so at least 7 years before she sees her parents again, assuming they survive that long.... again... not my fault...

So please please please, do your research before making any big life decisions... and if you do make a mistake like this, don't take your mistake out on the immigration officer who's just doing his job.... It's not their fault...
TaaDow

Please explain what you mean by "newly imported husband"? This is a big insult even if you try to appear of great help to the forum. I am deeply concerned about the way you introduced yourself earlier.
I guess the new members, who seek advice, should be on their guard till this matter is reviewed by the webmaster (moderator). Thanks for any help you offer anyway.

T

TaaDow

She sponsored a husband... when something is brought into the country from outside by someone else, it's "Imported"... I suppose I could have said Newly Immigrated ...

This can be my final post if the board is so offended... good bye.

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
TaaDow said:
Ok ... I'm posting this for the community since I've already had this happen several times this week so obviously people aren't aware...

If you sponsor under a family class that has LICO (min income req.) such as parents, grandparents etc... and then while waiting for that application to be processed you have a child, get married, import another family member through sponsorship etc... This results in a change in family size and will thus require that your income be recalculated based on the date we received the new information.

SO... if you have a sponsorship in for your parents, and then you sponsor a new husband, be prepared to now have the funds to support ALL of these members or your application will be denied. This week I have been forced to deny three cases such as this where a new marriage resulted in insufficient funds to meet LICO for the parents, so the parents are refused and must now begin the process again.

If you marry after submitting an application, you may NOT add them as a co-signer after, so you must be able to cover your new family size with YOUR income.

Just some food for thaught before you start mass-importing family members or having children while waiting for other applications to be completed.

To save

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
TaaDow said:
She sponsored a husband... when something is brought into the country from outside by someone else, it's "Imported"... I suppose I could have said Newly Immigrated ...

This can be my final post if the board is so offended... good bye.
To save

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I appreciate all of TaaDow's help on this forum.

All he is trying to say is that people do not get all of the information before they take additional steps in the immigration process, without finding out the consequences of those actions beforehand, and then being angry and blaming the immigration officer after the fact for things that are beyond their power.

There are rules that have to be followed, and people should know the rules before, not after tha fact.
It would lead to far less complications.

He is trying to give advice before the mistake is made.

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
hoping75 said:
I appreciate all of TaaDow's help on this forum.

All he is trying to say is that people do not get all of the information before they take additional steps in the immigration process, without finding out the consequences of those actions beforehand, and then being angry and blaming the immigration officer after the fact for things that are beyond their power.

There are rules that have to be followed, and people should know the rules before, not after tha fact.
It would lead to far less complications.

He is trying to give advice before the mistake is made.

It is unique and very unusual that an CIC officer (AKA TaaDow) would come and spread advice on a public immigration forum. It is ODD and against all logics that an CIC (AKA TaaDow) would come to let the forum members know how many cases he/she refused every day because of the imported husbands and/or the massive family size. This is absurd and unacceptable. If an CIC officer is using words like "imported husband", it means one thing. It means this particular officer is biased and should be removed from his/her immigration job.
If this is normal and acceptable for the forum moderator, then God bless Canada...and good luck for all.

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
tamee said:
OMG canadian loyal shut it already, taadow offers great help here and if you are offended then LEAVE!!!!!! people need to stop being so dern fragile and stopewearing their feelings on their shoulders. It is a free country and freedom of press here and in canada and if you dont like it then again LEAVE!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

Canadian Loyal i find your name offensive, do you mean to suggest that any country other than canada is beneath you, and that you would never settle in your spouses country because after all you are loyal? i think you should be removed because of this!!!!

just an example of how retarded you are being.
I haven't insulted anyone here, including TaaDow. I would refrain from trading insults with anyone including you. This is very low standard, I guess. I would leave the matter to the moderator and the members. I have raised my sincere concern. I could be right/ I could be equally wrong. You could be as professional as you wanted to be and politely refer to the real words and matters. You could explain better why you believe TaaDow is right. Trading insults will not serve your friend TaaDow but would add you to her.his corner. You could teach me and others as to where I have done mistakes.
Be good. Have a nice day

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Just wanted to say that I also have doubts about the legitimacy of claims by any member who says they're an Immigration Officer with CIC and just want to come here to help out. But it does bring up what I've considered all along when posting in any of the forums I participate in - there is no reason to assume that Canadian Immigration Officers would not visit our forums, and that provided with enough details, couldn't figure out who some of the players are. I think it's wise to refrain from posting information that's too revealing - even if it's just so that we're not haunted someday by google searches based on our member names and info/criticisms/opinions,etc., we throw out into cyberspace, eh?

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Oversensitive much? Really I just see that phrase as just that...a phrase that gets across an exact idea using less letters. Newly immigrated or newly imported? There is no implied negative implications in that description as I read it.

Why would you be offended by this? How is it an insult?

Now if he had said "fresh off the boat husband" I could see some reaction.

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
lol! Yup, "fresh off the boat", I would have a problem with that too...

But why are we allowing our feelings get in the way of obtaining good info.

Taadow says he is a CIC officer; that makes him an INSIDE man/woman who has accurate information for processing applications, according to the cases that he has/is handling. By their fruits, you will know them. Meaning, you can judge him by the answers he has given, and so far he has been quite accurate and direct.

Whether he is on this forum from the goodness of his heart or as a spy really doesn't make a difference. After all, there may be several other CIC officers as well as CBSA officers on this site as well!!!!

Newly immigrated or newly imported? Gosh, please! Imported simply means to be brought into a country!

Let's not disrupt the flow of good and important information for others by being hypersensitive...