+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Employment Status after receiving ITA / Submitting Biometrics etc.

prtk91

Nov 25, 2018
Hi All

I received an ITA in December 2020. Post this, I completed my medical and biometrics (after receiving the BIL); My query is, can I quit my current job, without any repercussions/effect on my application?

In my application, I had mentioned this particular employment under the 'Employment' tab. The start date thereof was May 2017 and there was no end date, as, when I had submitted the application, I was still working in the same company (and I still am). I am now planning to quit the said job in the next 2 months.

Please Advise!!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi All

I received an ITA in December 2020. Post this, I completed my medical and biometrics (after receiving the BIL); My query is, can I quit my current job, without any repercussions/effect on my application?

In my application, I had mentioned this particular employment under the 'Employment' tab. The start date thereof was May 2017 and there was no end date, as, when I had submitted the application, I was still working in the same company (and I still am). I am now planning to quit the said job in the next 2 months.

Please Advise!!
As your application claims points for historical work experience, quitting now should have no effect on your application. The only minor thing I would add would be to make sure it will not affect your job verification (if they actually contact the company). With professional companies and normal departures, this should not be an issue. I did something similar - though I accepted a redundancy offer a couple of weeks before I got my PR approval.

prtk91

Nov 25, 2018
@aamool Thank you for the help! I did submit a reference letter (of the said employer) when I had submitted my documents - I guess that should serve as sufficient proof?
Also, do I need to write a mail to CIC informing them of this change in employment?

Sohal IR

Apr 22, 2024
I have same concern. Will it impact if I switch job in different NOC just after ITA in STEM category?

Sohal IR

Apr 22, 2024
Hi All

Please Advise!!
What you did ? Please reply, I’m same situation.