+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Employment after creating EE profile

Thinkin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
BACKGROUND: I created my EE profile a few days back and the only work experience I put in the profile is my current employment for which I am claiming points. Couple of days back I came to know another company has bought part of my current company and I have been offered employment in the new company next week, and my employment with current company is being terminated this week. So, next week onwards I will start working for new company. I don't want the new company to know I am applying for immigration to Canada, so can I just update my EE profile by putting an end date in my current employment next week (as it will become previous employment next week) and not put any details about my new employment as I am not claiming any points for new employment. I will be getting a employment verification letter from my current employer (soon to become previous employer) next week.
QUESTIONL If I get ITA, I can describe about my new employment in the personal history/ LOE, and no need to provide proof as not claiming any points, right?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
BACKGROUND: I created my EE profile a few days back and the only work experience I put in the profile is my current employment for which I am claiming points. Couple of days back I came to know another company has bought part of my current company and I have been offered employment in the new company next week, and my employment with current company is being terminated this week. So, next week onwards I will start working for new company. I don't want the new company to know I am applying for immigration to Canada, so can I just update my EE profile by putting an end date in my current employment next week (as it will become previous employment next week) and not put any details about my new employment as I am not claiming any points for new employment. I will be getting a employment verification letter from my current employer (soon to become previous employer) next week.
QUESTIONL If I get ITA, I can describe about my new employment in the personal history/ LOE, and no need to provide proof as not claiming any points, right?
yep, right.