+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in circumastances

marhaba

Oct 11, 2007
Hi friends...

This is a first post on this forum so a bit of background. I am the primary applicant skilled worker with wife and a 3 year old as dependents.

Aor 4 Oct, 04. Medicals done 5 Aug, 07. Now waiting for further news. Visa post London.

Since the medicals, I have moved to UK to take up a job. Family also with me.

I am trying to find if visa post needs to be informed of this change in circumastance --- taking job and moving to UK. The thing is I am not sure that I am going to stay here and may soon decide to leave UK and go back to previous employer. Basically its not all settled yet.

So based on all that - please could anyone advise if visa post should be notified of the developments.

I am bit concerned of problems arising at time of PPR with our passports indicating employment in UK which does not match with the information on their records.

Thanks much for any inputs...

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
An applicant can always do a change of address whether in country or out of country while the application is in process BUT it is advisable not to do this when it is too close towards the end of the process.

If I understand you correctly, your PR application is handled by the London Consulate - and so, you have roughly about 5 -6 months or probably less, for the completion of the process.

Since you are not yet sure whether or not you might stay in London long enough, you are faced with 2 crucial concerns:

1. You don't want to miss any future correspondence with regard to your application.

2. Is there anybody back home who is so trustworthy and reliable that you can put your life in that person's hands and count on that person to receive mails on your behalf and will promptly inform you about the remainder of correspondences from the London Consulate?

If such a person exists for you, then you can take the risk and don't do the change of address.

If not, then you must immediately do a change of address by writing to the London office (Certified, Express, and Guaranteed Next Day Mail Delivery) to inform them about the new address in London due to an offer of employment there - remember to include not only your name but your file number, date of birth, and city and country of birth in your letter.

If you decide to do a change of address to a UK address, then it should also mean that you have a valid stay in UK for more than 6 months at least.

Your employment offer in London will in no way have any effect on your PR application. The London job offer is considered "after the fact," which means it was true that you were employed in your home country when you applied, and now, after that fact, it is also true that you have a new employer in London. You are fine.

marhaba said:
Hi friends...

This is a first post on this forum so a bit of background. I am the primary applicant skilled worker with wife and a 3 year old as dependents.

Aor 4 Oct, 04. Medicals done 5 Aug, 07. Now waiting for further news. Visa post London.

Since the medicals, I have moved to UK to take up a job. Family also with me.

I am trying to find if visa post needs to be informed of this change in circumastance --- taking job and moving to UK. The thing is I am not sure that I am going to stay here and may soon decide to leave UK and go back to previous employer. Basically its not all settled yet.

So based on all that - please could anyone advise if visa post should be notified of the developments.

I am bit concerned of problems arising at time of PPR with our passports indicating employment in UK which does not match with the information on their records.

Thanks much for any inputs...

marhaba

Oct 11, 2007
The application is being handled by consultants out of UAE. So all mail from chc London goes to them directly.

I am glad to hear confirmation from you that change in employment circumastance is unlikely to impact negatively on application.

Many thanks indeed for your detailed explaination. Its been most helpful.