+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change from Paper certificate to e-certification

lee_vincent

Feb 7, 2024
I have everything green except the oath... i was told it takes a few weeks to receive the paper certification which surely will delay the passport application..

Can I ask the e-certification during the oath or change it somewhere?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have everything green except the oath... i was told it takes a few weeks to receive the paper certification which surely will delay the passport application..

You can ask the oath officer on the oath day. Also when you receive the oath email, you can reply on that email and request for e-certificate.

lee_vincent

Feb 7, 2024
You can ask the oath officer on the oath day. Also when you receive the oath email, you can reply on that email and request for e-certificate.
Thanks a lot.. you are very supportive as always... as far as you know, do we have someone do the same ?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

Once you get your once email/date, you can request via email upfront. They may approve it and share the steps to download e-certificate. I have done this and got mine.

Reactions: forw.jane

lee_vincent

Feb 7, 2024
Interesting enough, i opted to the paper certification but I got emails today for "instruction to download the electronic certification" and in the pdf file it says" you indicated that you would like to receive in electronic format",,

I double confirmed my application form and i did select "paper“.

should i keep silence and wait for the e version or tell them the story during the oath.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Interesting enough, i opted to the paper certification but I got emails today for "instruction to download the electronic certification" and in the pdf file it says" you indicated that you would like to receive in electronic format",,

I double confirmed my application form and i did select "paper“.

should i keep silence and wait for the e version or tell them the story during the oath.
If the oath is on zoom, e-certificate is a better(faster) option.

lee_vincent

Feb 7, 2024
If the oath is on zoom, e-certificate is a better(faster) option.
i dont know the format of the oath.. as it is still "not start"...

if it is the zoom oath, should i tell them i selected "paper" but got email for "electronic".. however, I prefer to change it to "electronic"...
Or just let it be and say nothing..

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
i dont know the format of the oath.. as it is still "not start"...

if it is the zoom oath, should i tell them i selected "paper" but got email for "electronic".. however, I prefer to change it to "electronic"...
Or just let it be and say nothing..
Don't say anything if you want e-certificate and they giving the same.

Reactions: lee_vincent