+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change field of study!

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hello, I completed my b.tech in mech. stream in 2016. I want to pursue programming or web designing course in Canada. Is there any way to get the visa through these type of courses? I don't have relevant experience, so my SOP will not be strong. Someone suggested me to change to change the course after reaching Canada. But the problem is that all the seats will get full when I will reach Canada. So, I am totally confused.

One another thing I come to know is that some students are dropping their batch and starting their studies in the next batch to get their choice of course. Like, if I come to Canada in sept 2017 batch with a mechanical course, and after reaching Canada, I drop my semester and start my studies in Jan 2018 batch to get the course of my own choice. Will it effect badly on my profile?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!.

pd_IT

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
nitinpahwa77 said:
Hello, I completed my b.tech in mech. stream in 2016. I want to pursue programming or web designing course in Canada. Is there any way to get the visa through these type of courses? I don't have relevant experience, so my SOP will not be strong. Someone suggested me to change to change the course after reaching Canada. But the problem is that all the seats will get full when I will reach Canada. So, I am totally confused.

One another thing I come to know is that some students are dropping their batch and starting their studies in the next batch to get their choice of course. Like, if I come to Canada in sept 2017 batch with a mechanical course, and after reaching Canada, I drop my semester and start my studies in Jan 2018 batch to get the course of my own choice. Will it effect badly on my profile?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!.

Just a suggestion, i don't know if there could be any blind spots to this idea..

How about paying a terms fee for the course you like in parallel with the course you will be applying for visa sake.? ( if its refundable, then no problem rite?)
Your second idea also seems interesting..

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
pd_IT said:
Just a suggestion, i don't know if there could be any blind spots to this idea..

How about paying a terms fee for the course you like in parallel with the course you will be applying for visa sake.? ( if its refundable, then no problem rite?)
Your second idea also seems interesting..
Hello, thanks for your response! :) But that is an illegal way I think. I am looking for an expert guidance!