+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change DLI after AIP

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You can send new LOA via webform if your application is in progress. If you have received PPR, you will need to submit a new application to change your DLI.

yyyuz

Jun 17, 2021
Good day!

I just want to inquire. 2 of my students have applied for a study permit. One has first level approval and the other is waiting for approval. They have decided on to withdraw from the university as the province is still in lockdown at the moment. Given this, they are thinking of changing DLIs later on. However, they will be declaring to current college that they will not push through not because of changing dlis but due to the pandemic (real reason). Given their visa applications ongoing, could they still still change dlis without a new LOA in their current application (as this is a main requirement with the IRCC) or should they just advise that they are still applying for the LOA. Thank you.

yyyuz

Jun 17, 2021
Good day!

I just want to inquire. 2 of my students have applied for a study permit. One has first level approval and the other is waiting for approval. They have decided on to withdraw from the university as the province is still in lockdown at the moment. Given this, they are thinking of changing DLIs later on. However, they will be declaring to current college that they will not push through not because of changing dlis but due to the pandemic (real reason). Given their visa applications ongoing, could they still still change dlis without a new LOA in their current application (as this is a main requirement with the IRCC) or should they just advise that they are still applying for the LOA. Thank you.
Or it is more advisable to just reapply for a new visa.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Or it is more advisable to just reapply for a new visa.
What do you mean by first level approval? That's no longer in effect.
If their applications are still in progress, they just need to send the new LOA and updated SOP to IRCC to change DLI.

yyyuz

Jun 17, 2021
According to IRCC, the 2-stage approval process for initial study permit applications expired on September 15, 2020. Could you clarify what you mean by ”first level approval” ?
The student has yet to submit her medical application before the September 15. We have received a letter of first stage approval of august last year. the student has just taken her medical this year and was required to do a sputum test and results will come out this July. Given this, we have not received the official approved letter.

In this case too, they are looking at changing dlis, however, they havent gotten a new LOA. They are asking if it's alright to inform ircc if they can do this later on given their visa applications ongoing (using the current visa for change of dli to next year). Sorry let me know if this makes sense. I have advised them better to reapply for student visa next year as there is uncertainty given that they do not have a new LOA and they should declare with former institution that they will be changing dlis.

yyyuz

Jun 17, 2021
What do you mean by first level approval? That's no longer in effect.
If their applications are still in progress, they just need to send the new LOA and updated SOP to IRCC to change DLI.
The student has yet to submit her medical application before the September 15. We have received a letter of first stage approval of august last year. the student has just taken her medical this year and was required to do a sputum test and results will come out this July. Given this, we have not received the official approved letter.

In this case too, they are looking at changing dlis, however, they havent gotten a new LOA. They are asking if it's alright to inform ircc if they can do this later on given their visa applications ongoing (using the current visa for change of dli to next year). Sorry let me know if this makes sense. I have advised them better to reapply for student visa next year as there is uncertainty given that they do not have a new LOA and they should declare with former institution that they will be changing dlis.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

They need new LOA. Once they get it, they should simply upload it via webform together with a letter of explanation.

Reactions: Rationalwarrior

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
They need new LOA. Once they get it, they should simply upload it via webform together with a letter of explanation.
Note that once they get a decision on thier current application and it's approved, they will need to reapply with a new completely new application to change DLI

yyyuz

Jun 17, 2021
THanks for this. This is what i have advised them. However, they are still unsure when they'll be able to get. might be later on the year. Since they are still processing the withdrawal, wouldnt it be to risky not to declare to ircc of the withdrawal if their study permit (if approved) will start this September?