+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change DIL to different program and university

moji88

Nov 25, 2022
Hi guys. I submitted an application for a thesis-based master in Chemical Engineering at Concordia University 7 months ago. Unfortunately, it is still in progress (eligibility pass/ background check). As a result of the long process, I couldn't defer and lost this admission. Currently, I have a valid admission from Carleton University in course-based master in Environmental Engineering. Now I have to submit a webform to inform IRCC about my new and valid LOA.

Considering the change of the program (from thesis-based Chemical Engineering to Course-based Environmental Engineering), do you think that this kind of changing DLI has any risk?
If I wait until the visa has been approved, do you think submitting a new application in IRCC will take a long time again (while I've passed security once)? Or it causes the process a short time?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi guys. I submitted an application for a thesis-based master in Chemical Engineering at Concordia University 7 months ago. Unfortunately, it is still in progress (eligibility pass/ background check). As a result of the long process, I couldn't defer and lost this admission. Currently, I have a valid admission from Carleton University in course-based master in Environmental Engineering. Now I have to submit a webform to inform IRCC about my new and valid LOA.

Considering the change of the program (from thesis-based Chemical Engineering to Course-based Environmental Engineering), do you think that this kind of changing DLI has any risk?
If I wait until the visa has been approved, do you think submitting a new application in IRCC will take a long time again (while I've passed security once)? Or it causes the process a short time?
Chances of a second application going faster are low. Processing times are what they are, regardless of the amount of applications you have done before.