26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Hi

I applied for citizenship in august 2021, and have passed my citizenship test too, I have a job offer in other province, I am tempted to accept it and move and update IRCC about it.

however, my file is currently in process would that affect anything ? Would the process continue at the current IRCC location or would they move it to the IRCC office near to my new address ?

TIA

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi

I applied for citizenship in august 2021, and have passed my citizenship test too, I have a job offer in other province, I am tempted to accept it and move and update IRCC about it.

however, my file is currently in process would that affect anything ? Would the process continue at the current IRCC location or would they move it to the IRCC office near to my new address ?

TIA
IRCC will decide whether to move your file or not only after you notify them about your address change.

iirc, they don't move files within GTA offices and they usually move files if you move outside GTA (others can confirm).

If you're willing to travel back to your current IRCC office jurisdiction for oath, you can keep your application at the current location. At the time of oath, you should be able to provide your current address to get the citizenship certificate (others can correct me, if I'm wrong).

This is assuming you have already received the AOR (no risk of the application packet being returned) and you've provided an email address on the application.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
The
IRCC will decide whether to move your file or not only after you notify them about your address change.

iirc, they don't move files within GTA offices and they usually move files if you move outside GTA (others can confirm).

If you're willing to travel back to your current IRCC office jurisdiction for oath, you can keep your application at the current location. At the time of oath, you should be able to provide your current address to get the citizenship certificate (others can correct me, if I'm wrong).

This is assuming you have already received the AOR (no risk of the application packet being returned) and you've provided an email address on the application.
The problem is am looking to shift to another province, and oath is on short notice I don’t know if I will get time off on short notice.

is it a problem if I do the oath from another province ? As long as am in Canada ?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
The

The problem is am looking to shift to another province, and oath is on short notice I don’t know if I will get time off on short notice.

is it a problem if I do the oath from another province ? As long as am in Canada ?
No experience, but I believe someone said as long as the oath ceremony is online, you can be anywhere within Canada. (iirc, that was @harirajmohan).

I also remember reading another post where someone originally filed with Montreal (iirc) until Decision-Made then tried to change address to another location but their file still stayed at the original office until the end. But not sure how common it is. I guess it would depend on how you submit your change of address (webform/online 'change of address' form etc) and how long they take to process it.

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi

TIA
The

You dont have oath date yet right?
If you update address, they may or may not transfer the file. But if you get oath soon after you moved to new address then you can very well tell the officer during oath. THey will ask you if the address on file is ok to send certificate. So at that time you can specify new address.
Also they will ask you to send the new address when you send the signed oath form(you can find the same information in the oath invite too).

So address change wont be a problem during oath. Even i gave new address during oath and sent email, hopefully they send it to new address.
But its better to change the address soon(even if it encounters few weeks of delay) to avoid ircc sending certificate to old address accidentally.

Reactions: tbear and iceman55

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You dont have oath date yet right?
If you update address, they may or may not transfer the file. But if you get oath soon after you moved to new address then you can very well tell the officer during oath. THey will ask you if the address on file is ok to send certificate. So at that time you can specify new address.
Also they will ask you to send the new address when you send the signed oath form(you can find the same information in the oath invite too).

So address change wont be a problem during oath. Even i gave new address during oath and sent email, hopefully they send it to new address.
But its better to change the address soon(even if it encounters few weeks of delay) to avoid ircc sending certificate to old address accidentally.
@tbear @iceman55 It looks like my wife's certificate has been sent to address on file even though we gave new address in the email sent with oath form. So we should be either updating application address days/weeks earlier to oath or make sure we get the mail from old address if it gets sent to old address.

Today i am going to try to get the mail from old address as i informed the current tenant at old address on watching my mails. Luckily nice person lives there.

Reactions: iceman55 and tbear

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Thank you so much, I will request them to change the address immediately. Do you suggest using web form or to call them to ensure immediate update ??

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Thank you so much, I will request them to change the address immediately. Do you suggest using web form or to call them to ensure immediate update ??
I believe theres a link where you can authenticate and make the change yourself. No personal experience so not sure which method is superior.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I heard sometimes the online update takes longer. So call first.