+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Address to Receive Citizenship Certificate

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am moving to stay with my grandfather to take care of him a few months, so I want to change the address to receive the citizenship certificate (not change home address), will that affect the time to receive the citizenship certificate? or should I keep the address the same?

Thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am moving to stay with my grandfather to take care of him a few months, so I want to change the address to receive the citizenship certificate (not change home address), will that affect the time to receive the citizenship certificate? or should I keep the address the same?

Thanks,
I would suggest not changing it if possible i.e. if you can still receive post at the current address and someone will tell you.

IRCC does not seem to be very competent at changing addresses.

• Haha
Reactions: olios1332

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
You can change it online directly with no issues. It changes your file automatically too.

Or you can also update it during the ceremony. They will ask you to confirm the correct address and they would change it for you.

I changed my address a few days before my ceremony and it was already updated during the ceremony.

olios1332

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Belgrade VFS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I would suggest not changing it if possible i.e. if you can still receive post at the current address and someone will tell you.

IRCC does not seem to be very competent at changing addresses.

Thank you, I laughed really hard. haahahah

Wakanda

Dec 14, 2022
You can change it online directly with no issues. It changes your file automatically too.

Or you can also update it during the ceremony. They will ask you to confirm the correct address and they would change it for you.

I changed my address a few days before my ceremony and it was already updated during the ceremony.
Hi ,may I ask you changed address is in same city or different city? Thanks