+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chandigarh Canadian consulate refused my case ??????

AbroZ

Dec 17, 2015
I applied for visitor visa to visit Canada.
My son is studiying in Canada and my sister is Canadian citizen they invited me.
I applied on 27 OCT .2015 ONLINE AND ON 1 December 2015 I got passport request that decision on your application has been made, we need your passport to finalize your applocation. I submitted pasport at vfs Chandigarh on 2nd December and on 16 December they dispatched my passport and on 17 December I recieved my passport and I got shocked when seen my passport empty with refusal letter.
VISA officer states that he/she is not satisfy that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay. Family ties, travel history was the given reason for refusal.
If they have to refuse my case then why they request for passport and why they took another 15 days to return my passport.
Should I apply again ???

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
AbroZ said:
My son is studiying in Canada and my sister is Canadian citizen they invited me.
I applied on 27 OCT .2015 ONLINE AND ON 1 December 2015 I got passport request that decision on your application has been made, we need your passport to finalize your applocation. I submitted pasport at vfs Chandigarh on 2nd December and on 16 December they dispatched my passport and on 17 December I recieved my passport and I got shocked when seen my passport empty with refusal letter.
VISA officer states that he/she is not satisfy that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay. Family ties, travel history was the given reason for refusal.
If they have to refuse my case then why they request for passport and why they took another 15 days to return my passport.
Should I apply again ???
Was there something in your passport that they didn't know about?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did you (for example) have visa refusals.... or were you denied entry.... for ANY country which you did not disclose in your TRV application?

AbroZ

Dec 17, 2015
rahulchd said:
Letter that got for the passport request 2 days ago. Did you get the same one?

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your nada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
Yes this is the letter that I got on 1 dec 2015.
I send my passport with this letter via VFS

On 17 December 2015 letter that I got was like ..
Date ***
Dear***,
This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.
In accordance..........

AbroZ

Dec 17, 2015
Bryanna said:
Did you (for example) have visa refusals.... or were you denied entry.... for ANY country which you did not disclose in your TRV application?
i have a refusal for Australia back in 2010 for not provinding required documents .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This probably explains why you got a TRV refusal after submitting your passport.

When you reapply, you must mention (in the TRV form + cover letter).... that you did not disclose your Australia visa refusal due to oversight.... it was a genuine mistake and unintentional

AbroZ

Dec 17, 2015
Bryanna said:
This probably explains why you got a TRV refusal after submitting your passport.

When you reapply, you must mention (in the TRV form + cover letter).... that you did not disclose your Australia visa refusal due to oversight.... it was a genuine mistake and unintentional
I already mention in my applcation that I got Australia visitor visa refusal in 2010 and I mention that same year I applied again with complete documents and then I granted Australia visitor visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Normally, one does not get a TRV refusal after getting a passport request.... unless the applicant has failed to disclose visa refusals/entry denied to any other country.... or has given some information which is incorrect (does not match the passport details)

Raman223aa

Dec 21, 2015
AbroZ said:
There is no need to worry. Same thing happened with us 2 months back.
Me and my wife applied for Canada visitor visa online and we recieved an email for passport reqeust letter and we depoist our passport at New Delhi vfs ,and after around week we got our passports with refusal letter.
We went to our representative( agent ). He told us it's normal processing, some times Canadian embassy need passport to finalize process ( refusal/ approval). He said he is dealing with immgration often and seen this situation with some clients in past too who applied online they got passport request letter and got refusal letter afterwards with their passport.

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
With my experience , they only open and start processing after they physical passport with the file. Passport request is to complete the file before they start even looking at it.

They should stressor change the wordings on the passport request letter.
Should specific change that decision has been made!

Don't know about other visa offices, but Chandigarh visa office is doing this way for sure.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
With my experience , they only open and start processing after they physical passport with the file. Passport request is to complete the file before they start even looking at it.
I think it is the exception.... and not the norm. In most cases, a passport request means a TRV is likely.

However, I do remember one online case (like your MIL) where the visa office started processing the application only after the passport was submitted..... Pretoria visa office. Anyway