+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of WorkPermit From immigration Officer while u land at canada

waqari

Feb 7, 2012
I applied for work Permit visa but its mention in their official canada site u will receive only authorize letter to land on canada it wont be a work permit visa because work permit will be issue by a immigration officer when u land on canada.
If u receive positive LMO ,an open letter from employer and successfully obtained the authorization letter from emabassy mentioning u can now land on canada,is there any chance that while u reach canada your immigration officer can deport and wont give u a work permit.
any case like that heard before

looking forward to hear soon.

Thanks.

sharingkapoting87

Feb 4, 2012
if it is true then i want to know the answer because i am going to apply work permit next week . (wait for senior members response)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you applied for a WP/visa outside Canada and were given a visa, you will obtain your WP at the Port of Entry. You need copies of the letter of instruction from the visa office together with your contract and LMO.

waqari said:
I applied for work Permit visa but its mention in their official canada site u will receive only authorize letter to land on canada it wont be a work permit visa because work permit will be issue by a immigration officer when u land on canada.
If u receive positive LMO ,an open letter from employer and successfully obtained the authorization letter from emabassy mentioning u can now land on canada,is there any chance that while u reach canada your immigration officer can deport and wont give u a work permit.
any case like that heard before

looking forward to hear soon.

Thanks.

waqari

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks for your quick response

1) So what are the chances of getting WP at the port of entry in this condition then?
2) what questions and queries he can ask?

i guess if u get everything done by the embassy then there wont be any point that immigration officer cant give me WP.

finger crossed :)

job_seeker said:
If you applied for a WP/visa outside Canada and were given a visa, you will obtain your WP at the Port of Entry. You need copies of the letter of instruction from the visa office together with your contract and LMO.

SugarHigh

Sep 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Request
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 5, 2012 Med Forwarded to CEM: Jan 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 30, 2012 ; Visa received Feb 7, 2012
job_seeker said:
Is it ok even my lmo is expired by the time i land in canada? Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SugarHigh said:
Your LMO must be valid, in that you applied for a work permit within it's validity.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You already have your visa as a worker, meaning your LMO has been seen by an officer when it was valid.

SugarHigh said:

rma1975

Jan 11, 2012
job_seeker said:
You already have your visa as a worker, meaning your LMO has been seen by an officer when it was valid.
thanks for this clarification coz i also have the same question. what are the chances of you being denied from the port of entry?

waqari

Feb 7, 2012
Please Seniors give some of your opinions to my thread posted

waqari said:
Thanks for your quick response

1) So what are the chances of getting WP at the port of entry in this condition then?
2) what questions and queries he can ask?

i guess if u get everything done by the embassy then there wont be any point that immigration officer cant give me WP.

finger crossed :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Well if everything is in order then you will be able to obtain your WP at port of entry. If you act in a questionable way you will probably be quizzed by the officer :) Relax, you're coming in as a worker and if the job is not spurious then you should be okay.

waqari said:
Please Seniors give some of your opinions to my thread posted