+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of student visa rejection if I go for PG diploma after a masters from India

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
But the tuition fee for most masters courses is a lot expensive. I was thinking of going for a Skill-based course that helps in joining a biotech company or such.
I am not sure if you read / understood what I wrote. Tuition for masters program is not at all expensive compared to post graduate diploma courses. As I said in my previous post, after first semester, you will usually get graduate teaching assistanship or research assistantship so the overall costs are way less compared to diploma courses. And if you decide to move to Ph.D after first term/year, your professor will arrange for some kind of funding for your Ph.D.

Moreover chances of visa rejection are very low for masters program in sciences (which is directly related to your education in India). Yes, you may have to spend a bit more initially to pay first term fees (which is still less compared to diploma program), but in the long run it will be beneficial to you as you can get some kind of funding but for diploma courses, there is no chance of funding for your whole program. So you have to decide how to proceed.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am not sure if you read / understood what I wrote. Tuition for masters program is not at all expensive compared to post graduate diploma courses. As I said in my previous post, after first semester, you will usually get graduate teaching assistanship or research assistantship so the overall costs are way less compared to diploma courses. And if you decide to move to Ph.D after first term/year, your professor will arrange for some kind of funding for your Ph.D.

Moreover chances of visa rejection are very low for masters program in sciences (which is directly related to your education in India). Yes, you may have to spend a bit more initially to pay first term fees (which is still less compared to diploma program), but in the long run it will be beneficial to you as you can get some kind of funding but for diploma courses, there is no chance of funding for your whole program. So you have to decide how to proceed.
People can't get into Master's/PhD because they have low grades.

Sam24deep

Jul 5, 2020
I completed my BSc degree in biology in 2017 and then joined masters in microbiology after one year and completed it just recently this year. However a bsc and msc degree in india dont really equip one with practical skills to get into biological companies. I thus thought of applying to a PG diploma in biotechnology or environmental technology to study further and then work. But I recently checked deeper into student visa rejection in such cases and I am unsure if it's a good decision to go ahead with it. Are chances of getting my student visa rejected high?
Hey what happened to your case . Did you got a visa coz I am also a Master's ( Msc )Student