+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of Migrating with my partner being HIV positive with 0 Viral Load.

Eazyman

Apr 21, 2018
I have been diagnosed of being HIV+ in d past with my wife having -ve HIV status. Now my viral load is undetectable with me being on ARV drug. Can someone please help address my concern of chances of me and my spouse being qualified for migrating under Express Entry Class to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It all depends on your current medical costs and any other medical history. Other HIV positive applicants have been accepted for PR. Canada doesn't have a national pharmacare policy so you could be responsible for the cost of your medication if you don't get extended benefits through your employer or live in certain provinces. You should look up the costs because Canadian medication costs are quite high.

Eazyman

Apr 21, 2018
It all depends on your current medical costs and any other medical history. Other HIV positive applicants have been accepted for PR. Canada doesn't have a national pharmacare policy so you could be responsible for the cost of your medication if you don't get extended benefits through your employer or live in certain provinces. You should look up the costs because Canadian medication costs are quite high.
Thank you canuck78 for the reply. My health status is good and I do not have any life threatening ailments and I am living fine but I need advise on how the high cost of medication could be mitigated. my second concern for me is how affordable the cost of medication would be in relation to my income. At the moment, I work in a reputable bank with 6 years experience and my spouse has a university degree with additional certificate in fashion design from a private fashion school. Pls kindly advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you canuck78 for the reply. My health status is good and I do not have any life threatening ailments and I am living fine but I need advise on how the high cost of medication could be mitigated. my second concern for me is how affordable the cost of medication would be in relation to my income. At the moment, I work in a reputable bank with 6 years experience and my spouse has a university degree with additional certificate in fashion design from a private fashion school. Pls kindly advise.
You admissibility is dependent on the cost of your medication. You can easily look. up the costs based on one of the provincial formulary. Many employers offer extended benefits that cover a large portion of your expenses but contract position usually don't. It is impossible fr me to tell you if you will be able to find a job easily. Given your health and good job it becomes a bigger risk to move to Canada. Jobs in the financial field can be hard to get.